Menu
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I want out

I cancelled all my services in October and was talked into keeping BB and even upgraded to 200Meg from 150(ish) which I was happy with.

I now get 11mb at best on my 200mb service with a fix promised by Customer services in Jan 17, I have now been told that this is a review date and in all likelihood the problem will not be resolved by then.

I have had a discount attached to my account, which is nowhere near the percentage of the speed Im not getting (around 30% discount compared with around a 95% missing speed)

I think Im still in my cooling down period would like to have this confirmed and how I can go about cancelling

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want out

hiya @g7rpo you would need to have a chat with customer relations choosing option 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us) when calling via 150 / 0345 454 1111 would also need to give 30 days notice of intention to cancel.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi g7rpo

Thanks for popping by with your post about the broadband services and the issues you are having with them.

I am sorry that there is an ongoing issue with services that we are working to correct for you. I appreciate this is being looked at for you and understand that this is a frustrating experience Smiley Sad

If you can contact our teams via 150 regarding the contract cooling off period they would be able to advise as this is not something we could discuss on the forums due to security.

Please keep in touch if you need anything else from us and we'll do our best to support you.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How can you say that I would need to give you any kind of notice when I am getting 5% of the speed advertised I'm
Willing to take this to ofcom if this isn't resolved how can this be acceptable?

There are rumours of the rules changing regarding the advertising off BB speed, ,which can only be a good thing for consumers. I was only planning to be away from VM for a year till then new box came out, as this appears that this could end up going the way I don't want it and consider poor I am likely to be staying away
Permanently
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ofcom don't really deal with individual issues, if you wanted to complaint best to contact:
CISAS, 70 Fleet Street,
London
EC4Y 1EU
0207 5203827
info@cisas.org.uk
www.cisas.org.uk

for virginmedia complaint code of practice could look at -> http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

since with slowness can take awhile to resolve due to the amount of planning, if need to dig up streets to add more cabling etc.. and then the work on the backend
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
g7rpo
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info, what I'm finding annoying is that I quit over  the recent price increase, was on the 153 meg connection using  sh 1 and all was fine speed wise, allowed myself to be talked into staying on the promise of 200 meg. Once I installed the sh 3 it all fell apart and I'm now on 11 meg.

that is what is grating 

paultechy wrote:
Ofcom don't really deal with individual issues, if you wanted to complaint best to contact:
CISAS, 70 Fleet Street,
London
EC4Y 1EU
0207 5203827
info@cisas.org.uk
www.cisas.org.uk

for virginmedia complaint code of practice could look at -> http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

since with slowness can take awhile to resolve due to the amount of planning, if need to dig up streets to add more cabling etc.. and then the work on the backend

0 Kudos