Menu
GordonDerry
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I referred a friend and didn't receive the £50 promised.

I referred a friend who had their service installed back in March
I didn't receive the £50 as promised.
I've been meaning to get in touch but I don't have a home phone and I'm on a very limited budget and the whole thing just keeps slipping my mind.
How do I proceed?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
busheypark
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I referred a friend and didn't receive the £50 promised.

I did the same-over a year ago and never got it.  Was promised £50 by four different people on the phone.  I've made a complaint by phone - not heard back within 30 days despite being promised by the person I spoke to.  There's a reason you can't email.  I've finally left, now pay half for fibre that virgin offered.  I'm still being billed for November-I'd leave before you waste more of your life being conned by these liars.

0 Kudos

All Replies
busheypark
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I did the same-over a year ago and never got it.  Was promised £50 by four different people on the phone.  I've made a complaint by phone - not heard back within 30 days despite being promised by the person I spoke to.  There's a reason you can't email.  I've finally left, now pay half for fibre that virgin offered.  I'm still being billed for November-I'd leave before you waste more of your life being conned by these liars.

0 Kudos
GordonDerry
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear that. That's very shoddy treatment.
I've been with Virgin Media since it was Telewest and although I've had a few minor problems with customer service, I have to say they've never been that bad.
However, I've read several posts like yours recently, regarding the £50 voucher and I'm beginning to wonder if this is what I'm going to experience too.
We shall see if this post gets a more positive response.
Nevertheless, I'm not going to let this lie.
One way or the other I'll get this sorted out.
Thanks for your reply.
0 Kudos
GordonDerry
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I just used the Web Chat feature to talk to a Virgin Media helper.
It seems my £50 has been credited to my account, so the issue has been resolved.
Of course, the Bill date hasn't come yet so there is still a chance this might be smoke, but for now it seems good.
I'll let you know if things work out.

0 Kudos
GordonDerry
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm, I did receive the £50 and the matter has now been resolved satisfactorily.
0 Kudos
Noddingdog63
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still haven't received my £50 as well
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Noddingdog63, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have also replied to your thread here: Still not received my £50 for joining Virgin Media.

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos