Menu
Dogsbody2k
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I need to contact Virgin by email

Hi, does anyone have an email address please.

My Tivo box is worn out.  I can't phone them myself as I'm rather deaf and I can't understand what they're saying.  I got my grand-daughter to do it for me last week but she struggled as well and we ended up thinking they just told us to switch it off for 8 to 10 days to let it upgrade!  That can't be right.  I keep trying a dozen times a day to use the online chat but it's always too busy and I'm told to "try again later".  Lousy service I have to say.

Last chance is email.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need to contact Virgin by email

There isn't an email for support. The webchat needs to be checked more than a 'dozen' times a day, do it in intervals of 2 minutes or less until you get through. Why? because it is in high demand often.

Of course there is the Forum Team here who can provide support, but response times for them are running at about one to two weeks.

Edit: corrected an auto-correct

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dogsbody2k, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue getting through to the team via Online chat. 

We're more than happy to take a look at things however we are a little limited so will do what we can. 

What is the issue you are having?Give us as much information as possible and we'll do what we can to help.

Hope to hear off you soon Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Dogsbody2k
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.  I just think that as a "media" outlet their attitude to people like me who are deaf is completely unacceptable.  I did get a friend to call the helpdesk this week but she couldn't understand the accent of the person on the other end either.  Think I may just ditch them and go with Freeview.

0 Kudos
Dogsbody2k
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

When replaying recorded programmes there is a long delay between pressing the OK button and something happening.  Usually long enough for the circle "timer" image to appear.

Also when replaying recordings - the picture pixilates, freezes or breaks up.

If I am watching a programme "live" and it is set to record - when the recording starts the programme jumps (sometimes forwards, sometimes backwards) or freezes.

I have reset the box a number of times but this doesn't help at all.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dogsbody2k, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one Smiley Happy 

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your TiVo®. This isn't good and I'll happily check this out. 

Looking at your box stats, it looks as though the hard drive is failing. We will need someone out to replace the box for you in order to resolve this. 

I have sent you a private message to arrange a suitable appointment time. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out