Menu
rent-me-proper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I need mobile broadband not house broadband

I buy a package  ,about 45 quid for upto 100mb speed at its fastest but that's not that fast all the time not nearly, I checked..

what is good is that I get unlimited data. I do pay for it . oh yes . not cheap either .

It dosent suit me because I am away from home nearly all the time with work and family obligations .

so I need to keep a home broadband deal going but not the one I have because I only use it occaisionally because I'm not there.

i like the look of the 4 pound deal . because I am paying over ten times that.

can I switch and get some mobile broadband . but I am gonna need about 32 gig a month and not a measly 1 or 2 gig data which is comedic these days. really . 1 gig or 2gig deals haha. really ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I need mobile broadband not house broadband

I'm going to be blunt - with a reply like that you are lucky to get any help at all. This primarily a user to user Forum where we get together in the right spirit to help one another out.

And to answer your question. Kippies, like me, is a VM customer who had demonstrated to the Forum Team an ability to give straightforward advice to other users who come here. He has demonstrated that ability over a period of time (I know, I have watched him do it). For his effort and empathy he has been designated a Superuser. He does not work for VM. Nor do I.

Now to answer your question. You can reduce your home broadband package to 50Mb (the lowest tier). It's £40+ per month for existing customers because you don't benefit from any bundle discounts for a single product. VM broadband on its own is more expensive than an ADSL product (BB down your phone line) because the infrastructure is inherently more expensive to invest in and maintain. If you want to downgrade give VM a ring on 0345 454 1111 and discuss.

There are no VM residential products that allow a trade off between home broadband and mobile broadband. The two parts of VM operate separately.

Equally the maximum data that VM offer on its mobile service is illustrated here:

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/data-sim.html

20Mb is the top tier which is probably not enough for you. 

It seems to me that what you need when away from home is a business package. I don't know what VM business offer but I have seen business products from Vodaphone that might help you - well past 20Mb a month. But you pay the price.

I'm  not sure what the other deals are that you referring to but I hope that this gives to enough information to make choices and/or carry on the search for something that will suit.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you need 32GB mobile data a month, your only option is 3. And you can only use 30 tethered.

32GB plans on mobile? Ha ha really?

0 Kudos
rent-me-proper
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

do you work here kippies?

not that its your problem but yes i use over 32gb mobile monthly , a lot of video conferencing eats it up.

at least you responded , suppose i should be grateful.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm going to be blunt - with a reply like that you are lucky to get any help at all. This primarily a user to user Forum where we get together in the right spirit to help one another out.

And to answer your question. Kippies, like me, is a VM customer who had demonstrated to the Forum Team an ability to give straightforward advice to other users who come here. He has demonstrated that ability over a period of time (I know, I have watched him do it). For his effort and empathy he has been designated a Superuser. He does not work for VM. Nor do I.

Now to answer your question. You can reduce your home broadband package to 50Mb (the lowest tier). It's £40+ per month for existing customers because you don't benefit from any bundle discounts for a single product. VM broadband on its own is more expensive than an ADSL product (BB down your phone line) because the infrastructure is inherently more expensive to invest in and maintain. If you want to downgrade give VM a ring on 0345 454 1111 and discuss.

There are no VM residential products that allow a trade off between home broadband and mobile broadband. The two parts of VM operate separately.

Equally the maximum data that VM offer on its mobile service is illustrated here:

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/data-sim.html

20Mb is the top tier which is probably not enough for you. 

It seems to me that what you need when away from home is a business package. I don't know what VM business offer but I have seen business products from Vodaphone that might help you - well past 20Mb a month. But you pay the price.

I'm  not sure what the other deals are that you referring to but I hope that this gives to enough information to make choices and/or carry on the search for something that will suit.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.