Menu
StudentM2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I'm a student, I requested a 12 month contract but I've been put on a 9month. how do I change this?

I'm a student, in student plan B, we got told that this was the cheapest and best for us. This bundle is nearly £40, with many other students I know having cheaper broadband.
I paid a installation fee, our 'instillation' ended up with our broadband box being delivered to us and to install alone.
We also applied for a 12 month and got a 9 month.
This is about to run out, how do we amend this?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm a student, I requested a 12 month contract but I've been put on a 9month. how do I change this?

You don't normally need to amend it. The 9 months is a minimum term, it doesn't mean that your service will stop working at the end of the 9th month.

Unless your price is also due to change, you can just leave it as it is and it'll turn into a service you can cancel with 30 days notice. You'll then get the services you have until you device you don't want it any more.

If your price is due to change you can speak to Virgin Media, but any new price agreement will come with a new minimum term period that you'll have to keep it for.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos