Menu
ize
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I'd prefer to use chat rather than telephone for broadband support. Chat is always busy. Why?

See subject.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'd prefer to use chat rather than telephone for broadband support. Chat is always busy. Why?

ize wrote:

See subject.

It has a small amount of staff and very many people trying to access it for the reasons you are (don't like calling in.) You need to reload every 1 to 3 minutes and check again, repeatedly, until you get through. That's what I do.

As example, I did that just now and look:

chat.png

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Kayooki
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'd prefer to use chat rather than telephone for broadband support. Chat is always busy. Why?

I'm having a similar issue

Keep refreshing the page (but note you will have to select your options again each time) and you'll get a link to chat.

I've sent my "question" as it were, and I now have a screen which says "Thank you for your question. We're available to chat between 8am ans 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm Saturday. If you're trying to send us a message during this time and keep getting this alert, please try again later, or see if our forums or FAQ pages can help."

I have to leave for work in less than half an hour, and have been getting this message for half an hour.... All I'm trying to do is request our Caller ID back on the phones as they said they would set it up when I retracted my cancellation, and trying to find out about the credit on my account, and also to complain that my email says my bill is due today and when I logged in to pay I was told I'm paying late...... 

Does the text screen mean they'll email me or what? Because I've closed and followed the link about 6 times, and it won't let me send another message because I've already sent one. Just takes me back to that screen.....

0 Kudos