Menu
maggiedyer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I can't connect to My Virgin Media. I always get the Oops, this part of the website isn't working!

Does this happen to anyone else?  This has been going on for months.

Zebb
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't connect to My Virgin Media. I always get the Oops, this part of the website isn't working!

Yes me too, I was going to post the same question. Never needed it until now with this Wi-Fi opt in/out setting.

Do you have to spend an hour on the the phone to customer services to sort it out?

0 Kudos
maggiedyer
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't connect to My Virgin Media. I always get the Oops, this part of the website isn't working!

It's a real pain, isn't it!  I have changed my email address [the old one got hacked!] and I want to change it on my personal information but there is no way to do it.  I did speak with some [after holding on for an eternity] a couple of weeks ago and he said he would amend it but they still send emails to my old yahoo account!

0 Kudos
Zebb
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Well we don't seem to be getting any help here, so calling VM is our only hope.

0 Kudos
dcookster
Superfast
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Only just saw this thread, same with me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Guys - plenty of posts about this on the E-mail part of this Forum. The general advice is to clear your web cache and cookies (but will affect perfectly usable sites where you have asked your browser to remember login details and passwords). Then try again. The web sites you are trying to access are all working well at the moment.

Also if one browser isn't working change browser. Plenty to chose from and they download easily and quickly. Chrome is popular.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Zebb
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi , it looks like you've tried to answer some other question. This is about not being able to get to 'my virgin media's 'My Profile'.

Then the page says;

Oops, something's broken

We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted.

This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon.
Other parts of the site might be working as normal, so try using the links below to help you find what you want.

Take me to:
My Virgin Media home
Virginmedia.com
Help & Support
Check your email
Virgin Broadband, TV and Phone
Contact Us

Very frustrating, not sure it's ever worked properly for years but now with VM's Wi-Fi option on that page, it's become important.

Thanks for trying though- used Firefox, IE and Chrome, btw.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

It works perfectly for me - which is why I said what I said. I was there a couple of days ago to look at the WiFi opt out.

If it is this broken for you I'd phone in a broadband fault on 150.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
maggiedyer
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys for your efforts but I'm still having no luck.  I tried accessing My Virgin Media via Google Chrome but I still got the same useless page that we are all referring to!  I have only recently started using Google Chrome so no previous stuff would have been saved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't connect to My Virgin Media. I always get the Oops, this part of the website isn't wor...

Hi maggiedyer, 

Thanks for your post and apologies you've been unable to access My Virgin Media. 

Just so we can see the full extent of the issue, are you able to actually sign in to My Virgin Media or does it direct you to the Oops message right away?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos