Menu
SamMc
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Upgrade

Hi guys

Completely new here, no idea if this is the right place so apologies in advance!

Very quick one...just received a text asking me to upgrade to the new hub 3 and I just wanted to see if anyone know whether this would restart or refresh my contract?

I have been with Virgin for 12 years and have never once been offered any kind of upgrade. I'm still using the old router and modem, don't even have a HD enabled t.v box so would be very keen to upgrade at least some of the kit!

Any Comment's will be appreciated.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 Upgrade

should not start a new contract - you need a chat with retentions - you seem to have missed out on a few free upgrades over the years if you have a seperate router and modem - they will only do 30meg and thats long gone

so

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

see what they can do - go through it all - check if anything they offer and you accept will start a contract - also go through what you pay they may well be able to offer a better deal

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

should not start a new contract - you need a chat with retentions - you seem to have missed out on a few free upgrades over the years if you have a seperate router and modem - they will only do 30meg and thats long gone

so

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

see what they can do - go through it all - check if anything they offer and you accept will start a contract - also go through what you pay they may well be able to offer a better deal

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SamMc

Thanks for getting in touch about the Hub 3 upgrade offer.

We are currently in process of getting in touch with some customers who have older equipment and offering free replacements to them.

There would be no new contract as a result of this as this is something we are requesting you do not that you are asking us for.

There have been instances in the past where this has happened with us and you do seem to have missed out on these as mentioned by -tony-.

If you can get back in touch with us via text we will be able to arrange this for you.

If you're looking to update the other services too then please get in touch with us via 0345 454 1111 or via 150 where the teams can take a look at this for you and possibly update the whole package for you. If you are looking to do that then that option would then re-contract. You may end up with a better overall deal if you do, so if a new contract would be okay in that situation then give the teams a call Smiley Happy

Let us know how you get on.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
SamMc
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Please forgive me if you meant for me to reply via sms, honestly had no idea how or where to send it!

Thanks so much for your reply, I have to admit that I am amazed at the service on this forum, I have tried several times before to call the teams and having very limited time, have given up after being on hold so I truly do appreciate your help.

I would very much like to receive any updated equipment if it is available. I am more than happy with my overall package for the time being and if any of my kit was updated, I would be overjoyed!

Please proceed as necessary and please contact me if any information or details are required.

Thanks again.

Samuel
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samuel

I appreciate you getting back in touch with us, and thanks for the feedback Smiley Happy

I do need to pop a pm to you for me to arrange to get this sorted as a delivery needs to be booked in if the SMS can't be replied to.

I'm going to send this next and you can find this in the next to your forum name.

I hope to hear back from you soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
me006l3179
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I recently changed my package after being talked out of leaving by Retentions. Part of my reason for wanting to leave was poor Hub 2 performance and your resolution for this issue was to send me a Hub 3. Retentions assured me that although there would be a charge of £14.99 for this, that a compensating credit would appear on the bill. The only credit I received was in respect of the part month difference between my previous Full House TV package and the new Mix TV package. I have not received the Hub change bill back as promised. Hopefully someone will read this and sort it out. I have no intention of sitting on hold for another hour just to be palmed off with yet another series of false promises.

0 Kudos