Menu
voyagerxp
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 upgrade

Hi i've been having random wireless dropouts and want to know if or when would i be able to get a Hub 3.0 upgrade. I'm on the super hub 2 with 200mb broadband.

0 Kudos
Nucroos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 upgrade

If you are on the 200mbps package and even after switching the router on and off the signal issue does not go, then you should call up and ask for a new hub. I believe all new 200mbps users or installations get the 3.0 as default. People like me on the 150 mbps and lower even for a hub change/repair always get the 2.0. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi voyagerxp

Thanks for getting in touch about the Hub 3 upgrade and the wireless drop outs.

I'm sorry to hear these have been an issue for you Smiley Sad

Regarding your Hub, this would be potentially replaced if an engineer decided this was the best avenue for you. I can see that you do have some issues with your upstream levels and we do need to get an engineer out to look at this for you.

For me to arrange this I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

If you could get back to me on this, then I can arrange to book an engineer for you.

We do still have a very large number of 200Mb customers on Hub 2's and 2AC's currently so are not automatically swapping them, even if the original is faulty, for a Hub 3. You may get a replacement Superhub 2 or Superhub 2AC when the tech calls round.

Please bear this in mind as these swaps are limited due to stocks in some areas.

We will of course provide you with a modem if it isn't a Hub 3 that leaves you with a working service that should have no interruptions such as the ones you have seen recently.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi voyagerxp

Just a quick catch up to see if you were able to take a look at the pm I sent on Friday.

If you still need our help with the wireless drop outs, if you could get back in touch with me on that pm, that would be great.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"