Menu
Medwards2206
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to obtain Recording of Call

Hello, I just wanted to ask how I would go about obtaining a copy of a call that I made to Virgin Media?

I understand normally it's a written request that is needed but just needed to know the specifics.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to obtain Recording of Call

You can't if you want to use it against VM. 

I wanted a recording in Dec last year to prove that the adviser I'd spoke to when negotiating my package had said Sky Sports HD would be included in my package.

What confused matters was I was receiving SKY Sports HD but received and email saying I was receiving it in error and if I wanted to continue watching Sky Sports in HD it would cost me an extra £7 a month.

However my request for the recording was denied. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to obtain Recording of Call

Hi Medwards2206, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. 

Not all of our calls are recorded however if we do have the recording of the specific call you wish to here then you would need to file a DSAR request. This is a Data Subject Access Request. 

This gives you all the information we hold of file for you including any call recordings (which get put on to a password protected disc) and notes regarding your account. 

Only the account holder can make this request. It costs £10 and can be requested either by speaking to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and passing Data Protection or you can write in with your request but will need to include a copy of your driver's licence or passport to confirm your identity. 

Can I ask why you're needing a copy of the last recording? Maybe we can help you with this instead Smiley Happy

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos