Menu
volinh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to leave

I CAN'T FIND THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF VIRGIN MEDIA SO I MUST POST HERE

I've signed the contract with Virgin Media for quite a long time but now I don't think I want to stay any more. Recently, I have just moved house so I did contact your company to announce but when chatting with your staff she didn't mention anything about the fees. Then I suddenly recognized that my banking account was deducted a huge amount of money (33.24 pounds) even though my wifi is still not connected. I called back a day after and another lady replied that I had to be charged about my moving or something like that. A week later my house was still not connected, my friend and I was too disappointed so we decided to quit the contract with your company. I called again to tell that we want to leave because we can't stand anymore, can you imagine how inconvenient it was without internet although we paid the fees already? however, the staff answered that you need to charge me 20 pounds more for ending the contract. At that time I was totally unsatisfied about your services. I don't mind paying but once I pay it should work properly but in this case I paid but it didn't work and then your company just keep charging. And yesterday, my banking account has been continued to be charged 27.49 pounds and I don't know what is the reason why? while so far we still have no wifi. we had to use 4g on mobile phone. if you don't believe me you can check, my account number is **************. Now I just want to stop my contract with your company IMMEDIATELY please! so please let me know how can I leave completely and not be charged from my bank account with no reason any more! 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to leave

You'll need to contact customer services, the forum team have no access to your account details and will take a couple of days to tell you this

0 Kudos
rodmauger
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Get signed into Money saving expert and use their "resolver" letter package easy to do they will forward it to Virgin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All resolver do is forward your complaint on, adding another layer of delay and complication. Better writing in yourself IMHO, its teh same procedure without a middleman.

If you exhaust the VM process without receiving satisfaction CISAS is your next port of call. Retain copies of all correspondence, and obtain proof of posting.

As for a deadlock letter if they cannot or will not resolve your complaint.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Resolver does a bit more than that. It ensures that you apply the complaint steps at the right time, in the right order , and auto-reminds you when next step is do-able. I think it is a good " for dummies" service for those of us who are not professional complainers.  Me, I'm just amateur , but with a decent track record on goodwill compensation payouts. Banks , other such institutions etc are usually good for £50 if convinced they  treated you badly   Smiley Happy

e.g. I had one Friendly Society send me someone else's policy documents by mistake. After asking so who's got mine & telling them this was exposing me to  Identity fraud, the cheque was in the post...

With Virgin though, looking at their track record on forgetting to send promised sing-up incentives, returns labels, vouchers, you would first have to win complaint #1, then open complaint #2 after the Cheque in the post never arrived...

0 Kudos