Menu
Blue33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to get a refund on phone rental when phone has not worked for over a month despite engineers visits?

My landline is not working most days. Occasionally we do get a dial tone. Two engineers have been out and still its not working. One was scheduled then I was told it was a mistake although I had waited in and been receiving texts that engineer was coming.  It takes so long to get through to Virgin media on a number you have to pay for. I was told we would get a refund once they had checked it nothing has happened. Anyone had luck getting a refund or actually getting a phone to work consistently after it has had a bad crackle and then no dial tone ? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a refund on phone rental when phone has not worked for over a month despite engineers visi

The normal procedure is that you can make a claim for refund of Line Rental for loss of service in excess of 24 hours duration from the time you reported the fault.

You should contact Virgin & make a claim as soon as your service is restored.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Blue33
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a refund on phone rental when phone has not worked for over a month despite engineers visi

Many thanks for the advice

Apparently a deduction is going to show on the next bill. Although virgin state they are deducting the days it was working. One of these was when the only call made was by the engineer as soon as he left it stopped working. So desperate for it just to work again have left for now until I can phone up from a virgin phone rather than paying to get through the endless spiel before talk to real person. Third engineer came yesterday. It worked while he was there and then stopped. Even when working there was still the crackle. Now dead again. Next engineer coming Friday hopefully.

0 Kudos