Menu
wololo
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to delay payment because of late start to internet service

Hey everyone

I was billed on the day I signed up for Virgin Media broadband, Oct 13, but I only actually got to start using the Internet on Oct 28. Virgin said that my flat was eligible for Quick Start installation but turns out an engineer had to come to fix a few cables that were not compatible. So really my flat was not ready for Quick Start. And I had to wait two weeks for the guy to come over to fix it!

So it really isn't our fault that our broadband could only work a whole two weeks after I was billed for it, meaning, half my bill was paid for nothing. How can I make Virgin change my billing date to the 28th or at least refund me that half a month I paid for nothing?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashley

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to delay payment because of late start to internet service

The first bill is received anywhere up to 28 days after installation, anything before the does not factor in. Since you had a loss of service where the Quickstart didn't work out, you're due a credit.

The billing date cannot be changed while there's an outstanding bill. But the team you'd contact to discuss this matter is the Billing Team. They'd be able to apply a credit for the loss of service due to the failed Quickstart and wait involved. To contact them 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> From the menu choose Option 1 (Billing) then choose an appropriate sub-option, ask for a credit due to the time your service was not working. Or ask via the Webchat's Account and Billing -> Understanding my Broadband, TV and Home phone bill -> Chat online option (reload the page every 3 minutes of the agents are busy.)

Note that a credit applied post bill generation will not come off the currently generated bill - it would come off the next bill.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos