Menu
Jack_C
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to contact Retentions Department other than by phone?

I have a medical condition that makes talking on the phone extremely difficult for me. What is the best address to write to to discuss getting a better deal?

I recall trying to contact retention services in the past but was told I could only speak to them on the phone. Obviously "negotiating" will be difficult with a month between letters and using an intermediary/family member who doesn't know anything about the internet will be difficult too. But writing is my plan of action at the moment.

I'm currently paying on average £60.00 per month, with my last bill being £63.97, out of contract for:

TV: M+
Broadband: VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
Phone: Talk Weekends

Features I don't use:
Phone, TV Anywhere

As of writing, a new customer can sign up for Limited Edition Full House Movies for £55 a month which includes:

All the Sky Cinema channels in HD and all the sport in HD on BT Sport.
235+ channels
VIVID 200 optical fibre
Talk Weekends
TiVo box, Virgin TV Box Sets and our fastest ever WiFi Hub included
Includes free retail voucher worth £100 – ends 3rd January

I would happily renew my contract for the additional services listed above, minus the retail voucher. Unfortunately, there are no such offers for existing customers. Or maybe there are, as the My Offers page has been down all day!

I wish only to retain my broadband speed and current channels, the rest is negotiable. In fact, with a family member moving out, it wouldn't hurt to drop the speed down for a lesser cost per month.

However, I cannot justify staying with Virgin Media at the current rate with the features offered. Right now, it would be more affordable to cancel and join Virgin as a new customer. As the definition of new customer requires a year without Virgin services, it's still more affordable to switch to the next best competitor for a year, taking advantage of an introductory offer and switch back.

I'm open to suggestions on what to do from here.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jack_C

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to contact Retentions Department other than by phone?

Address wise you can write to Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ and they'll redirect the letter as required.

A quicker means would be to use the textrelay service. You can use the textrelay service to contact them, if you don't have a textphone, get the textrelay app mentioned on the textrelay website, link: http://ngts.org.uk/textrelay.php

Then via the app - as the VM accessibility page advises: contact 18001 0345 454 1111*

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to contact Retentions Department other than by phone?

Address wise you can write to Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ and they'll redirect the letter as required.

A quicker means would be to use the textrelay service. You can use the textrelay service to contact them, if you don't have a textphone, get the textrelay app mentioned on the textrelay website, link: http://ngts.org.uk/textrelay.php

Then via the app - as the VM accessibility page advises: contact 18001 0345 454 1111*

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.