Menu
dgrundy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to cancel a contract due to bereavement

Can anyone please advise?

I am the executor of the will of a family member with a Virgin Media subscription, which I am trying to cancel. I have called all the telephone numbers available and at no point have I managed to speak to an individual. During the course of this week I will be approaching her bank with all the required paperwork (death certificate, copy of Will, etc) and her account will be frozen but I would like to inform all the service suppliers before this happens. Is there no procedure for doing this with Virgin Media? 

I would welcome your response.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to cancel a contract due to bereavement

Hi dgrundy,

My condolences, I've just been through the process of executor of my late mother's will so I know how difficult things can get.

I would suggest you avoid the useless offshore call centres and try to contact the UK based Retentions Team who are available during normal UK office hours ... 150 fro a VirginMedia phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone at standard rates ... then select the prompts 1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.

This team can deal with a whole lot more than just retentions.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dgrundy

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us at this difficult time and our sincere condolences on your recent loss.

I appreciate you joining us on the forums to look for support with this, and a warm welcome to the community.

I have outlined the process for another forum customer with Power of Attorney on their relative/friends account and you can find that supporting information in this link to my post PoA

Please let us know if there is anything at all I can support you with during this time and we will be happy to help out.

Kindest regards,

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dgrundy,

My condolences, I've just been through the process of executor of my late mother's will so I know how difficult things can get.

I would suggest you avoid the useless offshore call centres and try to contact the UK based Retentions Team who are available during normal UK office hours ... 150 fro a VirginMedia phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone at standard rates ... then select the prompts 1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.

This team can deal with a whole lot more than just retentions.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dgrundy

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us at this difficult time and our sincere condolences on your recent loss.

I appreciate you joining us on the forums to look for support with this, and a warm welcome to the community.

I have outlined the process for another forum customer with Power of Attorney on their relative/friends account and you can find that supporting information in this link to my post PoA

Please let us know if there is anything at all I can support you with during this time and we will be happy to help out.

Kindest regards,

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos