Menu
vmhater
Tuning in
Message 11 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

Send your 30 day notice, before your contract date, of your ntention to cancel in writing removed

But in law you will have given legal notice.  Then just stop the DDs. Simple peeps

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

vmhater
Tuning in
Message 12 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Alternatively, simply write a letter to, ask for proof of posting at the Post Office and send it to:

Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

Give 30 days notice before your contract date.  Then cancel the DD.  NB by giving notice to any Virgin Media representative is legal and binding.  Whether they have agreed to it or not, it is your written notice and they are legally obliged to accept this notice.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. The complaints address provided was incorrect and has been amended. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

vmhater
Tuning in
Message 13 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to give both an email and postal address on this forum to help you, BUT.... the moderator has stopped the posts.  Very naughty moderator.  Look for the Swansea postal address in their complaints procedures

Message 14 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi

We remove email addresses that are of a personal nature, or are not for general use.

The email address you refer to handles specific queries in a specific circumstance, and therefore is not to be shared on these boards.

Many thanks

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Andyf1
Tuning in
Message 15 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I have cancelled my subscription after less than a month. Phoned the number 03454541111 and as previously mentioned in thread they try and keep you. Felt sorry for person on phone as we had made the decision to cancel. Have given one months notice, will have to return equipment within one month otherwise am charged which is fair enough.

Came to Virgin with reasonable expectations which were not met, promises made but not actioned. Installation teams overworked and unable to give time to new customers. When we originally ordered package did via e mail "chat", but in hindsight should have spoken to real person to get full story.

vmrobdogs
Tuning in
Message 16 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hey guys,

I've also been having the same issues as many others here. Im finding it impossible to cancel my contract. I have mental health problems and my medication affects my memory. I overlooked the fact that I was on a 18 month contract not a 12 month. The recent price hikes have been added to mu bill along with the end of my promotional offer. This has raised my bill to double for the next 6 months. I've called virgin and explained im having financial difficulty and wont be able to afford the new monthly amount. I requested early cancellation and to pay it off in installments. They said that this is not posaible. I have to agree to pay the amount in full or they wont disconnect me and let me settle the bill. Im stuck with them. The guy that I asked to disconnect me was very condescending when I said that when I eventually leave VM I'll prob have to goto talk talk as they're the cheapest at the moment. His whole attitude was abrupt and unwilling to help. What's happened to virgin media, why do their prices go up and customer service go down each year. How is it fair to treat loyal customers worse than new customers. Surely loyalty should ensure our bundles are cheaper than that of new customers.

Very unsure what to do at the moment.
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 17 of 53
Flag for a moderator

vmrobdogs wrote:
Hey guys,

I've also been having the same issues as many others here. Im finding it impossible to cancel my contract. I have mental health problems and my medication affects my memory. I overlooked the fact that I was on a 18 month contract not a 12 month. The recent price hikes have been added to mu bill along with the end of my promotional offer. This has raised my bill to double for the next 6 months. I've called virgin and explained im having financial difficulty and wont be able to afford the new monthly amount. I requested early cancellation and to pay it off in installments. They said that this is not posaible. I have to agree to pay the amount in full or they wont disconnect me and let me settle the bill. Im stuck with them. The guy that I asked to disconnect me was very condescending when I said that when I eventually leave VM I'll prob have to goto talk talk as they're the cheapest at the moment. His whole attitude was abrupt and unwilling to help. What's happened to virgin media, why do their prices go up and customer service go down each year. How is it fair to treat loyal customers worse than new customers. Surely loyalty should ensure our bundles are cheaper than that of new customers.

Very unsure what to do at the moment.

If you feel strongly that new customers should not receive better deals than current customers then, as a matter of principle, surely you should have refused the promotional offer that you received. 

Otherwise, it is certainly possible to re-negotiate when your contract runs out. However if, as you describe, you had a 12 month promotional discount then the final six months of your 18 month contract helps VM recoup some of the money lost by giving you that discount. Otherwise the cost of your discount would fall on the rest of us.

And, should you leave and go to Talk Talk, then you seem to be expecting a new customer discount from them as well. What do you think current Talk Talk customers will think of that?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
vmrobdogs
Tuning in
Message 18 of 53
Flag for a moderator

TRe: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

Thanks for your reply.

The promotional offer I received was for moving address, not a new customer offer. I accepted this as a reward for sticking with virgin media and not changing isp.

Furthermore, the promotions talk talk have are available to new and existing customers alike. So im pretry sure existing customers would be thrilled.
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 19 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: TRe: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

vmrobdogs wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

The promotional offer I received was for moving address, not a new customer offer. I accepted this as a reward for sticking with virgin media and not changing isp.

But the same point stands, you received a promotional discount for twelve months on condition that you maintained your contract for eighteen months and agreed to pay the full price during the last six months.

Furthermore, the promotions talk talk have are available to new and existing customers alike. So im pretry sure existing customers would be thrilled.

So am I as, whenever my contract is due to expire or a price rise comes along, I call VM to negotiate a good deal. See here :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Existing-customers-overcharged-and-k...

But I also accept that ties me in to a contract, until the next time.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
vmrobdogs
Tuning in
Message 20 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: TRe: How to cancel Virgin Media contract?

To be completely honest with you, I see no reason new and existing customers cant be treat with the same prices. Flat rates for all customers new and old. I accept that im tied to an 18 month contract, I accept its my fault I overlooked it. What I dont accept is the fact virgin cant cancel my subscription and allow me to pay the remaining in installments smaller than the monthly cost. Im not refusing to pay, im just limited to how much I can afford each month.