Menu
jdp777
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to Complain / Cancel Virgin

I would like to know how to cancel my Virgin account before the 12 months are up. The reason for cancellation will be clear with what I describe below, but in a nutshell; Virgin have breached the contract for 3 weeks and failed to fix the problem or offer any compensation for the issues.

• I pay a lot of hard-earned money for the best broadband package available in the UK.
  • The modem has continually for last 3 weeks been cutting out, doing reboots, and firmware updates on a daily basis. When it is working, briefly as it is; the speeds I am getting are ridiculous; downloads of less the 10mbps when paying for up-to 200 mbps, and uploads that are higher than the downloads. I have not had a smooth day of use for 3 weeks.
  • I have wasted my Christmas and New Year's talking with Virgin on the phone repeated, probably close to a dozen calls now and each answer is different - some say it is because I am a wireless user, but I disproved that by testing wired and same results. Some say it something in my house causing the modem to flip out. Some even talked about frequencies but they lasted all of 2 minutes before reverting to slow speeds again. I have had bookings for engineers before Christmas which were cancelled by Virgin because the problem was in the network area and had been fixed, but when I continued to phone back over and over again with same issue, it took ages for them to agree to send an engineer out.
  • At no point in the 3 weeks and numerous calls has anyone at Virgin, and I spoke to a different person each time, did they offer me a discount or reduce payment of my next month because I am not getting what I am paying for. I am still paying full price for Vivid 200mbps broadband when the speeds I am getting, when it is briefly working is less that the national norm, which is not even fibre optics.

So I want to discuss cancellation options with Virgin ASAP, I don't want to talk about cancellation fees because I am not breaching the contract, you already have for 3 weeks and done nothing to provide a good customer experience for me or to compensate me for the downtime. It is disrupting my work and causing pressure as my boss is tired of me having to ask for time off for engineers, re-arrange my work and then it doesn't happen, and then I ask for more time off when Virgin agree to send an engineer in 2017 in over a weeks time. That will be 1 month without the service I am paying for in terms of broadband by that point. I am also forced to move my studies because I am unable to use the learning material online to do my studies, and yeah really bad service.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to Complain / Cancel Virgin

Please refer to this PDF regarding complaints: http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

Cancellations need to be called in about or wrote in about (postal) and in the event of cancelling a contract during its minimum term cancellation fees will apply. That will come up during a call in about it. When calling in to cancel ring 0345 454 1111 from any phone  or 150 from a VM phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details ->  Choose from the main menu Option 4 -> Option 5. This is staffed 8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM to 6PM Sa (closed Su.) The address one would use to write in about cancelling would be: Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos