Menu
WaitingINLINE
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How much longer for my street to go live?

My street was dug up by virgin medias cable my street last October but I don't appear to be able to get any services here yet. How long will it take for the broadband and tv services to go live?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How much longer for my street to go live?

Hi WaitingINLINE

Thank you for your patience- and your ironic choice of forum user name- I think it's brilliant Smiley Very Happy

We can absolutely support you by checking in with the teams for you to find out as much as is possible about the work we are currently doing to get you connected.

If you could send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then flag this to the teams for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm Smiley Happy

Thanks again and hope to speak soon!

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With this would require a check by the forum team a reply takes at the moment 5+ days, they'll be able to chat with networks to see what's happening, possible delay is on the back end, bit of the network you don't see if it needed upgrading/not enoight capacity etc
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
WaitingINLINE
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Waiting a few days is no bother. I've gotten nowhere on the phone or online chat service, being passed through various departments, given wrong numbers and promised callbacks from the cable my street team haven't happened. I'm trying this out of desperation just to try and become a customer! How twisted is that?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi WaitingINLINE

Thank you for your patience- and your ironic choice of forum user name- I think it's brilliant Smiley Very Happy

We can absolutely support you by checking in with the teams for you to find out as much as is possible about the work we are currently doing to get you connected.

If you could send a private message to me with your name and full address, I can then flag this to the teams for you and will get back to you as soon as I can with their updates.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Once you've popped those details to me I'll be back in touch to confirm Smiley Happy

Thanks again and hope to speak soon!

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi WaitingINLINE

Thanks for dropping back to me with your details in the PM Smiley Happy

I've emailed the teams to see if we can get some further information regarding when the area is likely to be connected and as soon as they get back to me, I'll let you know.

Speak soon!

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi WaitingINLINE

Thanks for allowing me the time to check into this with the teams for you Smiley Happy

They have come back and advised of the below:

An estimated completion date for the civils/cabling work to be completed is 30/06/2017.

Once that has been done, the job will need to go through network activation and we do not  have an estimated completion date for that piece of work as of yet.

Following that, the job will be quality checked and have to go through the release process.

Please note that all dates provided are only estimated to allow for any unforeseen issues that may cause the dates to move out.

If you wish to come back to us for a further update closer to the date mentioned above, please do so and ensure you quote the reference number for this job which is NBU 39727.

I appreciate it's a while off but if you would like to come back to this thread on the forums around the middle of the year and we can check back in with the teams for you, that would be great Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Forum Team