Menu
Volodymyr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How long I have to wait for broadband installation, two months or even more???

On December 26th I placed my order for broadband and I had installation planed on 16th of January. The 15th of January at the evening I received an email that tomorrow installation rescheduled on the 2nd of February. The first of February at night (10:00 pm) I received a new email that tomorrow installation again rescheduled on the 24th of February.

As a result I lost two of my working days (took days off to be at home). I still do not have broadband and must wait again three more weeks. Even now I’m not sure that I will get it done on the 24th of February.

Does anybody know how long in reality I have to wait?

And what's wrong with "Virgin"?

Help!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long I have to wait for broadband installation, two months or even more???

Hi Volodymyr

Many thanks for joining us on the community and thanks for letting us know about the construction issues that have affected your installation with us so far Smiley Sad

I understand this has had to be rescheduled twice now and my sincere apologies about this. The original reschedule was pulled due to permits not being approved for us to do the work and the new date of the 24th has clearly logged that we require access to parts of the carriageway that were inaccessible without permits.

I appreciate that these delays do impact our customers but they are necessary for us to complete the repair works that we have identified during the pre-call in order for us to provide services for you.

To keep up to date with this with our Construction teams you can contact them directly via 0345 045 0595 and their opening hours are Mon-Sat 8:30am-7pm.

Please keep us posted on how this goes and let us know if there is anything else we can support you with Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Volodymyr
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long I have to wait for broadband installation, two months or even more???

I'm very disappointed with Virgin service.

I spent whole day waiting for engineer.

Third time nobody came and even didn't inform me about any changes.

I still didn't get a new date scheduled for final (hope so) installation.

So how long I have to wait for broadband installation?

Can somebody give me an answer?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Volodymyr

I appreciate you getting back in touch with us about this and my apologies for the further delays to your connection being hooked up with us.

I can see from the notes that the engineers went out to check the network ahead of the re-pull and found blockages that require construction work.

When the re-pull was booked in this should have corrected the issue you had at the time but with further pre checks this is not possible without a carriageway dig to fix this for you. These permits require 6-8 weeks before they would be approved as we have to give the Local Authorities notice of any dig works we have planned, plus the utility companies etc.

To keep in touch with us about this you can either check back here or you can contact the teams directly on the numbers in my other post above Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos