Menu
Steve101_
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How is this acceptable?

So far my experience with Virgin has been awesome.

No problems what-so-ever.

Today I started a chat with a support member to change my bill date, which I thought would be nice and easy...

The first thing was that I was given set dates I had to pick to change the date to, which luckily had one which was only 3 days after the date I would have preferred (28th), so hay-ho no worries, the 28th will do.

I am then told that changing this will incur charges, which I wasn't told about when I asked about changing the bill date before, but ok, no worries I'll see how much.

So I ask how much and I find out that they can't actually estimate or even properly find this out, until the change is actually made, which seems a little crazy to me...

Either way I agreed to change the date to the 28th and to be told the charges it will incur straight after.

At this I was told the price and I was happy with this, however the support member then started saying something about the 30th instead of the 28th, so I queried this and then the chat cut off.

I then get a phonecall from the same person saying that her system shutdown, or something like that, and she just wanted to confirm that because of a "System error" she changed the date to the 28th, and then it was changed to the 30th.

Now while some people might not think this is a big deal and personally no, it won't effect my life too much... It was not the date I wanted, and because of some "system error" I am not stuck with a date I did not want.

I was in disbelief on the phone to the fact the to the support member it didn't seem to matter what so ever.

After pointing out the fact that something needs to be done about this instead of just having it be left and myself left sitting smiling without a worry in the world, the support member seemed to reluctantly say she would leave a note on my account saying that if in the future the date I wanted becomes available again, then it will be changed and I will be notified about this.

However that process apparently takes 3 months to do.

This has honestly shaken my trust in Virgin and even though this occurrence doesn't ruin my life or cause me any serious problems, it could someone else very easily, which I also mentioned on the phone... "What if this happens to someone else who it severely effects what the date is".

But even so, i still paid a charge to have my billdate changed to a data i did no ask for, so some consolation would be appreciated...

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How is this acceptable?

The "charge" is likely just the pro-rata difference between the old date and the new date, it just means your first bill after the date change will be higher than usual, fairly common when changing the bill date, i think my bill is generated on the first of the month but i pay it manually when i get paid at the end of the month, never had any issues unless i miss a payment, you will incur a small fee for not paying via direct debit though

0 Kudos
Steve101_
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I get that now, but as i said, that wasn't the main concern.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Steve101_ wrote:
I get that now, but as i said, that wasn't the main concern.

If your main concern was regarding the date, then there isn't much that can be done, as far as i know VM have set specific bill dates, they don't allow you to freely pick any date you want, atleast this was something i remember having a discussion about with a billing rep a long while back, so you would need to pick one of their specified dates, its likely that you just ended up with a poorly trained rep who didn't know any better, you can ring through to billing to see what they have to say but none of the forum team can help you with bill related issues anyway

0 Kudos
Steve101_
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

lol.....
I DID pick a date they gave me, the person on the other end managed to **** it up and the wrong date has now been set, which cannot be changed for some magical reason only known to Virgin.
Clearly I am the only one who thinks the support team doing something different to what you ask them to do when it concerns money, your account and billing is actually important, so i guess I'll complain and look foward to a simple "soz" email.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Steve101_ wrote:

lol.....
I DID pick a date they gave me, the person on the other end managed to **** it up and the wrong date has now been set, which cannot be changed for some magical reason only known to Virgin.
Clearly I am the only one who thinks the support team doing something different to what you ask them to do when it concerns money, your account and billing is actually important, so i guess I'll complain and look foward to a simple "soz" email.

Not neccessarily the agent, the VM billing system is something to be believed. I and many others have experienced this and I certainly have had an agent pulling her hair out trying to get it to update what we had both agreed.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!