Menu
jimos87
Joining in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

How do i send back old hardware

I have taken over the account as a new customer ( totally different package etc) im sure they said we had to send the old box and router back but we havn't been given a way of sending it back what do i do i've connected the new stuff, and put the old stuff in the box it came with?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do i send back old hardware

Which STB and hub was left behind? STB wise a V6 is only wanted back. As for hubs, only a hub 3.0 needs returned. For anything that isn't a hub 3.0 or V6, drop it off for recycling: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3097&CURRENT_C...

If you have a V6/hub 3.0 from the previous account holder's setup ring 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 then go with the option route of Option 1 -> Confirm your details when prompted for them -> Once in the main menu go with either Option 4 -> Option 5 or Option 4 -> Option 1. Ask for returns packs to be sent out.

+Add: Currently TiVo's aren't wanted back either - I just got an update regarding this.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
jimos87
Joining in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

it was a hub 2 and i dont know what set top box it was it's the same one as we have now a tivo box

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

jimos87 wrote:

it was a hub 2 and i dont know what set top box it was it's the same one as we have now a tivo box

Neither of those you have to return, follow the recycle link I shared above to find the nearest drop off point you can hand them in at

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

jimos87 wrote:

Neither of those you have to return, follow the recycle link I shared above to find the nearest drop off point you can hand them in at

Except, be aware that there are posters who have reported that, having been given that advice by one department in VM, another department then demands their return or else the customer will be charged.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Shelke wrote:

jimos87 wrote:

Except, be aware that there are posters who have reported that, having been given that advice by one department in VM, another department then demands their return or else the customer will be charged.

Which the Forum Team here can sort out if it occurs

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

Shelke wrote:

jimos87 wrote:

Which the Forum Team here can sort out if it occurs

a) Assuming that the customers affected know about the forum.

b) When the Forum team get round to replying, seems to be between 12 and 14 days at the moment.

Neither of which is comfort to those customers who are stressed out by threats of charges from VM, a situation that has being going on for a long time. Simplest solution would be for VM to get their heads out of their butts and just get the problem sorted at source.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

In this case the customer is in the forum and does know about the team. The rest who don't often find their way here as prior examples have shown.

The fact stands VM only want V6s and hub 3.0s returned and that's something the Forum Team would reply with when they get around to answering such queries.  It's no reason for the OP to delay dumping kit VM don't want back, because even if they did wait for a forum team reply, then dumped the kit, then if someone from the kit return side starts wrongly asking for it back - the OP would still have to post about it anyway.

A lot of these problems come from the offshore teams who don't know their facts and it seems like it is not always easy for VM to get them singing from the same song sheet, so to speak. 

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

In this case the customer is in the forum and does know about the team. The rest who don't often find their way here as prior examples have shown.

The fact stands VM only want V6s and hub 3.0s returned and that's something the Forum Team would reply with when they get around to answering such queries.  It's no reason for the OP to delay dumping kit VM don't want back, because even if they did wait for a forum team reply, then dumped the kit, then if someone from the kit return side starts wrongly asking for it back - the OP would still have to post about it anyway.

A lot of these problems come from the offshore teams who don't know their facts and it seems like it is not always easy for VM to get them singing from the same song sheet, so to speak. 

Yet again a Superuser apologising for VM's unacceptable behaviour rather than criticising them for it.

There have been posts for a long time and they continue to appear where customers are messed about and threatened with charges while simultaneously being told they should recycle the kit. Why should customers be put through this because a Communications company cannot communicate?

Perhaps if some of you Superusers got off your knees and started criticising VM where criticism is due then it might be worth taking you seriously and, who knows, something might get done.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to the confusion :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/No-signal-on-all-channels/m-p/3285092#...

¡No Pasarán!