Menu
Jeffty
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a CATV manhole lowered

Hi

I have a CATV box outside my house on the pavement and the council says it needs to be lowered by 10-15 CM so they can put a drop kerb in for me. I can't find any contact details on the Virgin site anywhere that i can contact to ask the question. I don't need it moved, just lowered.

I've got landline, mobile and broadband services from Virgin and I'm amazed there appears to be no way to ask my question. 

any help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a CATV manhole lowered

This is in the wrong part of the board. 

VM staff will pick up your post, but not for many days. Unfortunately I think the charge will be very high. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Jeffty
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah, thanks Mark. I couldn't see any obvious sections to post it to. Are you able to suggest a more relevant one? I'm not familiar with posting on these types of things.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is not for you to contact VM on this issue. It is a matter for the Council to discuss with VM if they agree to the dropped kerb.  The Council know which bit of and who in VM to talk to. VM will quote a price to the Council for their part of the work and that will be passed direct to you. It will be expensive. So back to the local authority and take this up with them.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos