Menu
GeoffW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do I discover how long is remaining on my contract?

The title says  it all - why is it not on my account when I log in online OR - if it is - please tell me where to look!

Please don't tell me to call Virgin Media, because I have no wish to 1) go through a plethora of menus, selecting the area I want, and 2) once I'm there, sit waiting in a queue waiting to speak with a human being whose native language is NOT engllsh because Virgin uses offshore Customer Service advisors.

I have one simple question, why can't it be resolved online via email, or visible in my onlibe account?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I discover how long is remaining on my contract?

Virgin Media introduced the e-Contract system in April 2016. 

All contracts for all customers generated before that date were sent out via post. No online version exists.

Any contract for a new customer or an existing customer created after April 2016 should be available to view on the website.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is on My Virginmedia.

Go to My Bills then View Bills and then a View contract tab will appear.

0 Kudos
GeoffW
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nice try! But no cigar....Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 21.55.01.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

..and that confirms you have to call in or look at the contract that would have been sent to you originally by email or post.

0 Kudos
GeoffW
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C - thank you for your assistance, but I realise you are not a VM employee, and I therefore would like them to reply to my comments below:

If I cannot view my contract online, please tell me why I cannot?

Why should my contract be any different to others?   

Is it because it is only available to the "new" subscribers?  

Perhaps another indicator that shows that VM treats its new subscribers more preferentially that its "existing" customers?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Media introduced the e-Contract system in April 2016. 

All contracts for all customers generated before that date were sent out via post. No online version exists.

Any contract for a new customer or an existing customer created after April 2016 should be available to view on the website.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
whyowhyowhy
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was really interested to read this as I had no idea this information was there - I've just gone and looked in MyVirginmedia and I can indeed see my contract.  

I renewed when I switched to Hub 3 from my original modem in September 2016, so thanks for that info.  

However, to the OP who hasn't got this info - you need to ring in and choose leaving Virgin Media option - you never get offshore for that.  

0 Kudos
GeoffW
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr, thank you for your response.  In that case, my contract must be expired, because I only signed a 12-month one! Can also be taken as yet another advantage new customers have over existing ones.

After over 10 years with VM, that leaves me free to cancel and sign up with Sky - great!  I hope you're happy VM, another long-term customer lost because of your awful bias towards new customers and your complete indifference to long-term customers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeoffW
Thanks for getting in touch about the eContract.
I can see Ben has given you the information as to why this may not be on your My Virgin Media account. Additionally I can see you have since called to speak to our teams about the options you have.
Please pop back to them if there is anything else you need and they will be happy to help out.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos