Menu
Esmerelda123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How difficult it is to contact Virgin Media !!!!! Even on here!!!!

I have tried (unsuccessfully) at least 3 times over the last few months and then 4 times today to tell them that my husband has died and I NEED to contact their Bereavement Team to update the account.

Previously I got through on the phone - would not deal with me as I did not have the 'password' and my Ouija board wasn't working.  Transferred me to correct department only to get recorded message saying 'Department unavailable'

Today - I have phoned from the house phone 3 times and punched all the numerous  'options' then patiently 'held' listening to Robbie Williams for the announced '10 - 15 minutes' only for the call to be hung up on me at around 16 minutes.  I then re-dial and the same happens again and again.  I then tried from my mobile thinking a different number other than 150 would help - again 16 minutes and 59 seconds later - 'brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' 

The on-line 'chat' closed at 5pm and that's useless anyway as they cannot deal with bereavement they have to get you to phone in which you CANNOT GET THROUGH!!!!

Honestly getting so fed up now - maybe if I just cancel the direct debit I'll get their attention!

RANT OVER - I will try ringing again later tonight - if I don't get to talk to someone I will be back on this forum to COMPLAIN AGAIN !!!!

0 Kudos
BB4ALL
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How difficult it is to contact Virgin Media !!!!! Even on here!!!!

I see nobody rushing to your aid on here and just read your post. Sorry about your loss and I fully understand your predicament. Perhaps do as I did when you get no joy over the phone. Go online to a site called Resolver and tell them the same as you've written here and I guarantee you will get a response from Virgin within three days, just remember to give your phone number so they can contact you. I hope this helps and I also wish they'd get rid of Robbie Williams and all the rest they play whilst waiting ages for someone to answer your call.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Will flag it for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam

Can someone help this customer out with bereavement please.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Esmereda123

Firstly may I offer my sincere condolences on your recent loss. I understand that this is an incredibly stressful time for you and am very sorry to hear that this has been made more difficult by the experience you have had with us in trying to get this arranged with our Bereavement team.

I can see you have been trying to arrange to take over the account and most recently my colleague has on the 30th left a message for them as I have done this morning for you.

I have asked them to contact you to resolve this and they are open today between 8am and 6pm.

If you could please keep in touch with me and let me know if you have not heard anything from them by then end of the day tomorrow at the latest. If not then I will escalate this further for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos