Menu
Clive2
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How can we contact Virgin Media?

Does anyone know how to, even, contact Virgin to tell them that I cannot even 'upgrade' to the new super-hub, because I don't use a mobile phone, so I can't give them a valid mobile number? As is needed for the online form for 'upgrading'. They have sent me a letter saying that they will cut me off, if I don't 'upgrade'. by April 30th. I cannot contact them via 'online chat' because they are always sending the message "all our operatives are busy", or "out of hours". I cannot phone them, using my land line, because they always play music at me, or a machine offers me a range of options, none of which is the right option, then cuts me off (and may be overcharging me for the phone calls).

For an alleged 'communications' company, I don't think they do very well. If they cut me off on April 30th, they'll lose me as a customer (for land-line phone, as well), and I'll lose my internet connection. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 Massive Flaws

I've merged your posts into one coherent thread. A hint to you, because I see you are new to the Forum, scattering duplicate posts around doesn't help anyone especially you. It just confuses people who try to help, including other users like me and the Forum Staff. You'll not make the same mistake twice?

The answer is straightforward. If you are phoning from a VM fixed line phone or VM mobile calls to customer service on 150 are free. Otherwise it's a call to 0345 454 1111, potentially chargeable at national rates but often free as part of a call package. The option you'll want is braodband faults. That should see you right.

Web chat does work but you have to keep refreshing the page until you connect. It is a popular but over-subscribed service.

Doesn't the letter give a dedicated contact number?  They usually do. 

Good luck.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Clive2
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks, I'll probably not make that mistake twice, because I'll probably never need to use this blog again, after I find out the answer to my problem. If they cut off my internet connection, I won't be able to use it, again, anyway. I cannot ring 150 because my whole point is that I do not use mobile phones (they probably cause brain cancer and I don't like, them, anyway). That is why they won't let me 'upgrade' the hub. The only contact address, or number, that the letter from Virgin Media gave was 'virginmedia.com/hubupgrade'. That is the address of the web page that won't let me upgrade the hub. There was no address or number given for reporting problems.

So, I'll just wait now to see whether anyone will get back to about it about it. That is all I can do. If I cannot contact them, they'll have contact me, or lose a customer.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you not have a landline phone that you can contact them on ? - This would be the easiest option.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Clive2
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have a Virgin Media land-line phone. I have just tried calling them on it, by dialling customer services (150), for the second time.  I was given a range of automatic options, none of which was 'can't upgrade to the new hub'. I was previously advised, by someone else, to push the button for 'Broadband Faults'. I did this.  That put me into an automatic  broadband fault testing process, at the end of which, I was told "we have tested your broadband and there is nothing wrong with it. Of course, there isn't, yet, because they are not going to cut it off until April 30th.  That is why I am trying to get in with a real person to try to explain that I would not be cut off, but I cannot 'upgrade' my hub, because I cannot give them a mobile number.

Rather than being cut off, I would prefer to upgrade to the new hub, if necessary. Although, judging by what some other people have written in this thread, the new hub may be worse than the old one.

But, how can I ever get this sorted out, if I can never get to talk to a real person, to explain it?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Usually after you get the message saying there is nothing wrong it tells you to press a certain option if you still wish to speak to someone.

Alternatively if you cannot get through to someone this way, instead choose the option that you are thinking of leaving Virgin Media.  This puts you through to the UK based loyalty department who are normally very helpful and will be able to get this resolved for you.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Clive2
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks. I'll try that. After the machine told  me that it had 'tested my broadband' and  'found no faults', it said it was going to do further tests, which might take about ten minutes, and I "may hang up". So I did. That was about twenty minutes ago, I think.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem is you are going through the Broadband faults options, which is probably not the best way to go.  I would use the retentions options, thinking of leaving us.  They should also be able to help with this problam.  I believe it's now options 4 and 4.

I for one don't like the automated testing they've put on the faults line.  If your problem is say e-mail related, it ends up disconnecting you from the internet temporarily for no good reason.

@ModTeam - I'd like to point out that IMHO the phone system has gotten too complex for the average user to use.  I would do some testing using someone who has no idea about it,  and find out just how easy it is for them to find an option that suits their queries.  I think the results should be an eye opener for you.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can we contact Virgin Media?

Hi @Clive2

Sorry about this.

We need a contact telephone number in order for the delivery team to get in touch with you - could you try popping your landline number in the "mobile number" box.

If this doesn't work, please let us know and we'll arrange an upgrade to your broadband equipment.

Thanks

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos