Menu
andyw0
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

How can I email Virgin Media?

How can I email virgin Media?

The chat is always busy, the phone call costs because I am unable to do it from my home phone. 

And yet I can't find an email address for them.

It seems ridiculous that I can't contact a company such as Virgin Media by email!!

Am I just missing something?!

Thanks

(PS - sorry if 'tech chatter' is the wrong board, but there is no 'contact virgin media' board!)

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How can I email Virgin Media?

you are missing nothing they dont have an email addy for customers - yes i know but thats how it is

if its a service problem you can post here - in fact you can post pretty much anything here and the staff will try to help - it takes them about a week to get to threads

Tony

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you are missing nothing they dont have an email addy for customers - yes i know but thats how it is

if its a service problem you can post here - in fact you can post pretty much anything here and the staff will try to help - it takes them about a week to get to threads

Tony
andyw0
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help tony.  that seems amazing.  I don't know of any other company I've dealt with that you can't contact by email (whether they contact you back is another matter, but anyway... :-)

ok, i'll start a new thread with the issue then

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Buzby16
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

well that s how it should nt be we are talking about a company that wants us up to speed having all the latest devices tv anywhere,fast reliable repairs,oh but we want to work in the dark ages,if there is a problem with your phone you have to pay to call,if you want to report another persons phone out of order you have to know their password,.that s if you get pass the call platform without loosing your sanity.I just spent time looking in my contract to see when it ends as I am thinking I have had enough of vm but it seems to be hidden somewhere can anyone tell me how to find out.I should mention I am hard of hearing so I don t want to talk to a offshore call center as I cant understand some accents clearly.thank you

aum981
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just Ring VM and when the option comes up to cancel your contract the operator will tell you, I did the same to find out, and was told that it had ended, for me that is good in view of my recent encounter with VM I am looking else were and will shortly have another provider
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It shouldn't be costing you anything to telephone Virgin Media from any phone.

From your Virgin Media landline call 150 (Free of charge)
From a mobile or non Virgin Media phone you can either call 0345 454 1111 (which comes out of inclusive minutes if you have them) or alternatively you can phone them on freephone 0800 052 0422 (Choose relevant option for existing customer)

Either way you can contact Virgin Media free of charge from any UK telephone.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
andyw0
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response.

True that it costs no money from my virgin phone - but it certainly costs my time waiting for it to be answeredas I'm sure others have found.

And it's obviously less convenient than email.  

I don't have a landline at work so would need to call from my mobile to call during the day; and that as you say uses up my minutes - which of course is only free if I don't go over my allowance.

It just seems bizarre that a company such as virgin has no way of being contacted by email.

(I should say, the online chat also seems pointless since it has never worked in my experience - always been 'busy')

cheers

andy

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The 0800 number I quoted in my last post is free of charge from any phone (including from your mobile) - It doesn't come out of your allowance as it is a freephone number.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
andyw0
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok i wasn't aware of that.

Thanks

Still, doesn't solve the issue of my time hanging on the phone waiting to speak to people.

But very good to know - thanks

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I know.  It doesn't help fix the problem but at least it isn't costing you for every minute you are on the phone.

-

0 Kudos