Menu
RailroadDeacon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

House move has generated a new account

I called up yesterday to arrange a house move for January and update my package at the same time. This appears to have generated a new account number for me as if I am a new customer. I don't understand why this is necessary, and of course I can't login to this account because the details I'm registered with for Virgin log me in to my existing account.

Can someone please confirm what's going on here? I've had no other emails from Virgin about the details of the move other than an email from eBilling which contains the new account number. I'm concerned that things are going awry.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: House move has generated a new account

when you move a new account is created. CS should move the content of the emails etc to the new account when it goes live
RailroadDeacon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks for the response. It would have been good for the Customer Services rep to explain that this would happen. I'll see what happens on the day!

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RailroadDeacon
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to bump this, but although my house move has completed and my services have been switched successfully when I login to my Virgin Media account it's showing my old, now disconnected, account. It doesn't look like CS have updated my login with the new account details. Can someone from the forum team please help/advise.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RailroadDeacon

Many thanks for popping back with your post to us Smiley Happy

My apologies that you have had issues getting the email sorted to access My Virgin Media for you to access you billing with us Smiley Sad

In order to resolve this with us if you could contact our teams in a secure way, either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with billing or packages then that would be great! As the forums are public we need to be supporting you in this way to keep your data confidential.

Additionally I will send a pm to you just to confirm some specifics so I can support you by dropping a note on your account.

If you could get back in touch with me via the on the top right, then that would be great Smiley Happy

Speak soon

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos