Menu
Pauldailly92
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Horrific Home Move Experience. Help Would be Great!

Hi everyone!

So I moved home on Saturday, 17th of September.

I contacted the home move team at the start of the week to make sure everything would be good to go for me moving in. As I work from home, I'm very cautious of relying on mobile data and I was right to, my signal is awful in the new place.

The advisor assured me an engineer would be at my house on the day, but no one showed up.

I then called up the home move team twice, who told me they would place me on hold and I was hung up on both times as soon as this happened.

I tried to live chat and the person told me, I had to wait 5-7 days for an engineer because my house apparently was not serviceable.

That was complete and utter lies. I plugged the router in and it worked all day.

Then, it came to midnight and the whole router restarted. I was then prompted to activate the broadband, but could not because it kept telling me to try again later.

My issue is that I cannot get anyone to help me from Virgin Media. I get passed from pillar to post and then get hung up on.

I have not been rude to absolutely any member of staff and I will be requesting a transcript of the calls as this the way I am being treated is awful.

Any advice on how to speak to someone from Virgin who will actually take ownership of my issue would be great.

Thanks,

Paul
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Horrific Home Move Experience. Help Would be Great!

Hi Pauldailly92, 

Thanks for coming back to us with an update on how things are. 

I'm really sorry to hear a mistake on our part has left you with a default. We can certainly get that removed for you. 

You can contact the credit amendments team using the following details:

By phone on: 0800 052 0290. They are open Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00 and Saturday 09:00 - 13:00. They are closed on Sundays.

By post at: 

Consumer Underwriting

Virgin Media

Eagle Court 3

Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3RZ

Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

As always, keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having a new face in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that your move hasn't gone as expected and I can only apologise for the lack of service you've received when trying to sort out your home move. 

Checking your account I can see since posting you have been able to get things sorted and you are now up and running. 

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please just let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Pauldailly92
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So, after another few days of calling and being past from pillar to post, with departments not knowing anything, it was resolved. At one point, they admitted one of their team was still in my account hours after his shift ended, preventing them from fixing it. 

Over a month later, I received a default notice due to the previous account because the home move advisor deleted my home move and a new order was placed at that time. 

I called up and was advised by a customer service agent they would call me back and it was credited to my account for the amount because none of this was my issue. 

Then, today, I've checked my credit score to be greeted with a default from Virgin Media. 

I've spoken to probably close to 100 different advisors since I've moved because of all the issues and absolutely no one has actually apologised to me for the distress and inconvenience of this. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Pauldailly92, 

Thanks for coming back to us with an update on how things are. 

I'm really sorry to hear a mistake on our part has left you with a default. We can certainly get that removed for you. 

You can contact the credit amendments team using the following details:

By phone on: 0800 052 0290. They are open Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00 and Saturday 09:00 - 13:00. They are closed on Sundays.

By post at: 

Consumer Underwriting

Virgin Media

Eagle Court 3

Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3RZ

Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

As always, keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Pauldailly92
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi!

So I called them on January 11 and it was apparently removed from my credit report. 

I then received a call back about my complaint over a week late and I thought it was resolved. 

I went to apply for my mortgage and was declined, so I signed up to Equifax and the default is still showing, so another lie from a Virgin Media advisor. 

I called yesterday back to the underwriting team and the advisor was rude and told me to follow the email process and I said I would not be following it because this should never have been on my file in the first place. 

He then said he would look into it and hung up on me. 

I can't believe this is still going on. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pauldailly92

I am incredibly sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us and that the credit file default is not yet removed Smiley Sad

In order for our teams to escalate this back to the relevant credit teams again for you they would require you to email them with an overview of the situation and for you to give permission again for us to access your credit file as it's been a while since we last had authority to do so on your behalf.

If you could email the teams on creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk they will be able to reopen this again for you and get this removed from your defaults.

This process can take up to 14 working days in line with their processes as the credit file companies usually update their files twice a month.

Keep us posted on how this goes for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos