Menu
Shari123
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Hidden charges

I was recently sold virgin media broadband and told that it would be £25 per month. My first bill would be double + my £14.99 activation fee i.e. £64.99. My bill is £104.99 because i was charged for an eingineer to install my broadband when i was not infromed if this during the sale. I was told my first bill would be £64.99. I think the man who sold me this failed to mention the £40 installation fee because he wanted a quick sale, leaving me £40 down. I do not have this £40 as i have kids and rent too pay. I will be cancelling my direct debit if virgin media do not resolve this.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hidden charges

As this is a specific account issue & not a general enquiry you will need to contact the billing department direct. Forum Staff cannot carry out the required security checks needed to handle your account.

If you are still in the 14 day “cooling off” period you should be able to cancel. But under no circumstances stop Direct Debit payments, as it will ruin your credit record & getting defaults removed is a lot of hassle.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile