Menu
beegeeblueboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hidden Activation charge

I've had the offer of the new Vivo200 box as free of charge. The order was confirmed as FOC.

I now find an Activation Charge of £14.99 that is triggered by this order. No mention of that on the order. On speaking with CS I am basically told 'tough'.

I expect deep in the T&C's it's there. I just feel duped. The order should have declared it. So I'm going to refer this incident to OFCOM.

I need to ensure I've exhausted the VM complaints procedure. Is there a formal processing I need to follow? If so what is it? The website had this well hidden.

BTW

Does anyone know if this means the TIVO box will not exhibit the crippling @25 minutes Netflix crash?

Thank you

Julian

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hidden Activation charge

if you mean the V6 then no netflix works fine (if your area is not congested) 

Snoops-two
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hidden Activation charge

Yes I too found out that if they replace a faulty box, they send it to you to swap over yourself then charge you £14.99 for the privilege. I always thought non payment for things like this was one of VM bragging rights over Sky? Activation charge, what's that then to activate the picture? The picture that is already coming down the cable that we can see when we plugged in another box to confirm it was the box that had died? What a Con!

0 Kudos