Menu
barbara1936
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Newbie here

I dont know if this is the correct place to start? But here goes , My mother has been sent a bill for £89 for her broadband services for the last two months, Now this is hard to understand because she has been using another provider for the last two month. "customer services" have said two things the first one " if she pays £40 now we will then put her through to the cancellation team and they will deal with the rest" Well i am sorry we was not born yesterday!! The second conversation I had with customer services was " She needs to pay the £89 and then we will cancel the broadband service, but it will take 30 days so she has to pay for the extra 30 days also!!. I have had a conversation with her present supplier and the confirmed that they contacted Virgin Media on the 2nd November to take over both the phone and broadband, so why has she been charged for something she has not used? Oh and just for good measure she is in her late 70s. Please help us, but dont tell us to contact customer services again ( no productive help what-so- ever)
your sincerely Phil

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi Newbie here

The issue here is that while your new supplier can port the phone number & effectively cancel the phone part of your mothers contract, they cannot cancel the Broadband side.

Virgin use a totally separate network that does not use BT exchanges. This means not only can customers use both cable & BT line provided Broadband services at the same time, but also that your new supplier cannot physically take over a cable Broadband connection, so cannot cancel it.

You have to request this yourself, for which there is a 30 day notice period, plus possible disconnection charges.

The people to deal with this are only available on the phone or via online chat. The forum staff here cannot deal with specific account issues due to data protection restrictions.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
barbara1936
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi Newbie here

Hi thanks for the info, Why didnt Virgin inform my mother and/or why didnt her new supplier tell her this? poor customer service from both parties.

I will contact them both again and ask why

thanks Phil

0 Kudos