Menu
Paulrw75
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help me leave virgin media without being harassed

Hi I've instructed virgin media to cancel my services due to a faulty cable. in addition to that, I've been with them for 8 years and an sick of getting nothing in return for loyalty. But since I've cancelled I've been receiving up to 8 phone calls a day from the sales team trying to get me to stay. It's now bordering on harassment.

Any ideas how to make it stop? Words don't seem to work.

Many thanks Paul.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help me leave virgin media without being harassed

hiya @Paulrw75 asked to be removed from all marketing campaigns, and warn them if they call again you'll consider it a form of harassment and i would suggest recording the call..you have the right to just cant play it to anybody else, put it online without permission for all parties.. might take a few days for all the marketing calls to stop. but if don't you could take it to the police.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

paultechy wrote:

hiya @Paulrw75 asked to be removed from all marketing campaigns, and warn them if they call again you'll consider it a form of harassment and i would suggest recording the call..you have the right to just cant play it to anybody else, put it online without permission for all parties.. might take a few days for all the marketing calls to stop. but if don't you could take it to the police.

Just as an addition to this, you DO have the right to record any calls you make/receive for personal use and to use legally, BUT you must inform them that you're recording the call at the start of the call to allow them the right to refuse the recording by terminating the call, in reality they will be fine with it but you are legally required to let them know.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Paulrw75 wrote:
Hi I've instructed virgin media to cancel my services due to a faulty cable. in addition to that, I've been with them for 8 years and an sick of getting nothing in return for loyalty. But since I've cancelled I've been receiving up to 8 phone calls a day from the sales team trying to get me to stay. It's now bordering on harassment.

Any ideas how to make it stop? Words don't seem to work.

Many thanks Paul.

just block that phone number
if you don't have caller ID then buy a cheap loud whistle - whisper to get their attention then blow strongly

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

A warm welcome to the community and thanks for dropping by with your post about the contact options.

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the calls you are receiving from us and my apologies that these are inconveniencing you Smiley Sad

If we have your details for contact purposes and you would like us to opt you out of any marketing calls that we provide to you, then we can opt you out of these. This can take up to 6 weeks to update with us.  You can arrange this via our contact centres on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111. Alternatively our Webchat teams can also opt you out of these calls too.

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving us too. Is there anything we can do to help out here?

If so just give us a shout and we'll do what we can to hlp out.

Take care.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos