Menu
kathyh2707
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help - account suspended

Hi - has anyone arranged a payment plan with Virgin.  Recently had some issues with fraudulent activity on bank account which has led to bank account being frozen and am currently unable to access any money!  Virgin have suspended my account which means only the basic 5 channels complete with an annoying message that dances over the screen to tell me there is a problem with my account and also no internet.  As this is has been ongoing for 2 months I wondered if anyone has entered into a payment plan with Virgin to enable their account to be re-activated?  I did ask Virgin but they said no but I have a friend who "thinks" she did this with Virgin Media..  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help - account suspended

I think your friend is mistaken. From what we see on this Forum VM will expect an account to be in the black before they restore services. But this one is odd. It seems to be no fault of yours that your services were suspended. Surely by now you are back into banking and could set up a new direct debit.

The Forum Team might want to comment. It'll take them a week to get to posts like this. I'm also moving this to the right section of the Forum.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help - account suspended

Hi kathyh2707

Thanks for taking the time to join us and for getting in touch about the payment plan options.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with bank fraud. I know this can have a massive impact on people and it's a horrible thing to have to go through Smiley Sad

I do hope that has been sorted for you since you posted to us. If you are having a particular issue with making payments to us, and I completely understand that in this situation this was outside of your control, then our teams in Customer Care can refer you to our Collections team who can look into payment plan options for you.

They do have specific criteria you have to meet to do so as a customer but do factor in the individual and work to support them as well as we can in these situations.

As this kind of support requires them accessing your data and looking into to this for you, in order to arrange this securely if you can chat to our teams if there is still a need for this support, on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111 and they will transfer you to the Collections department.

Let us know how this goes for you and if we can help in any other way then please let us know.

Kind regards

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos