Menu
Patricia789
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hd

can someone from virgin tell me which operator to believe. In September after phoning twice we are told by two separate operators our sky sports deal included HD until the deal ended in June. When we asked about adding sky cinema they came up with a three month deal and if we cancelled sky cinema after the three months we would still have the sports deal at 22 until June. When sky cinema came on we lost HD sports and have been told we should not have had HD anyway also we can't go back to the offer off sky sports anyway. Why can't you all agree well when my contract ends in April I will be going to sky as we are fed up of all the lies

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hd

Sky Sports HD is only provided for an additional Sky imposed supplement of £7 a month, & this is not usually included with special deals.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Patricia789
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's what we understood so we phoned in to them to explain that the HD part had come through but was told no that was on the offer and we did have it at HD from September until yesterday when sky cinema was added now have movies in HD but no sky sports very confusing, but thanks for reply

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patricia

Sorry for any confusion there's been about this!

So Sky Sports does require the £7 per month addon as nodrogd advised.

If you were getting the sports channels in HD but were not paying for the Sky Sports HD addon, you may well have been enjoying this free of charge in error since joining us. If you're concerned you should have it as part of the current package, it may be worth referring back to the contract you received when signing up, just to double-check what was included.

Sky Cinema (formally Sky Movies) now comes with HD as standard so you don't pay any extra for this. You will need to give 30 days notice if you want to remove this addon or make any other downgrade to the service.

I hope this answers your questions, but please get back in touch if there's any further assistance we can offer.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos