Menu
Elmacs
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Haven't received my contract

Having planned to switch to another provider, I accepted a deal from Virgin at £30 a month for 12 months (including line rental) on 12 November. I was told that a copy of the contract would be sent to me and that my new contract was all set to start on December 1st.

No contract arrived, so I phoned and was told it had been sent to my Virgin Media email address. I explained that I never used this address and as far as I could remember, it was shut down by Virgin for that reason. I have received billing emails to another email address for at least 18 months, and I requested that the contract be sent to this address instead. I was asked to supply the address and told that it would take the system a while to process this (already used by VM) email address so the contract would be sent by post. Great.

Contract still hasn't arrived, so I telephone again. Profuse apologies, yes the contract will be sent out to me again by post. Fantastic

Contract still hasn't arrived so I telephone again. More apologies, and a confirmation that I am supposed to be starting a new contract for £45 a month. I query this and am told that yes, sorry, the cost will definitely be £30 a month. Am told that the contract can take 7-10 working days to reach me so I will probably get it in the post any day now, but I will also definitely receive an email within 24 hours with my contract attached. Member of staff confirms my email address on the phone.

No email arrives. I've checked my junk mail and there is definitely no sign of my contract. While all the call handlers have been very helpful and polite, I am deeply frustrated and concerned that I cannot see in writing the contract that has been verbally agreed on the phone. 

Please can someone from the VM Forum team suggest a way forward? 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Haven't received my contract

Hi Elmacs, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue receiving your contract Smiley Sad For so many to be sent and not received, something obviously isn't right here. 

Have you got another email address we could try sending it to you on instead? Give the team another call for them to sort this out for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos