Menu
Godzy89
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Had enough

If in the wrong place please accept my apologies

I moved house last week and ordered a new account as i was told that it would be the best thing to do as i would get a loyalty discount on a new package.

Thursday of last week the hub arrived together with all the cables and a splitter for the Tivo box but no Tivo

To date i have had nothing but the runaround and broken promises, been lied to, had money taken from my account, told that it cannot be refunded but then promised a cheque by a girl on live webchat (wont hold my breath), sat waiting for phone calls all night (currently sat waiting for one now), spoken to various departments, been disconnected after finally thinking i was getting somewhere and treated like a fool - all this after being a loyal customer for around 9 years and also recommending a friend who signed up on the day i did

Can anyone advise what i can do to get the box?

The account is going to be closed tomorrow if i don't get a call tonight as promised

Thank you to anyone who helps

Godzy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Had enough

live chat is likely to get you offshore and they can only read scripts so if your question is not there they make it up as they go on - return calls are as rare as hens teeth as you have found out - there is only one dept to call - if they cannot sort it then you are on to the right people to cancel - saves a call if nothing else

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

live chat is likely to get you offshore and they can only read scripts so if your question is not there they make it up as they go on - return calls are as rare as hens teeth as you have found out - there is only one dept to call - if they cannot sort it then you are on to the right people to cancel - saves a call if nothing else

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
Godzy89
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tony

Thank you for your reply

Very convenient that they are only open until 6pm

i dont get home from work until nearly that time

Guess i'll have to leave a bit early tomorrow Smiley Happy

John

0 Kudos
Godzy89
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just tried dialling 150 and the option to leave isnt given

Anyone have the number for cancellations please

John

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

not near a phone to check but this is from another SU

VM phone: 03454541111 or 150
Retentions: Option 4 then option 5 will get you through to a UK operative.

theres a bit before you get to the options about your own phone or a mobile i seem to remember

Tony
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes, as Tony says, you have to press 1 first to access Virgin Media, before options 4 and 5.

0 Kudos
Godzy89
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I press 1 and i then have to give my account number

when i  have done that it gives me options to activate the account (done), technical help (don't need it) and a couple of others but thats it

can't even speak to an advisor Smiley Sad

John

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

for the account number enter nothing it will give up after a bit - same if it asks for bits out of your password

maybe its taking you to live numbers as its after 8.00pm - you could also try 151 - dont think its different but who knows with VM

Tony
0 Kudos
Godzy89
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to you both for your help

I am going to try tomorrow as i am at the end of my tether and don't want to shout at anyone that doesn't deserve it Smiley Happy

John

0 Kudos
Godzy89
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Quick update

Finally managed to speak to retentions (nice lady called Amy) and she has promised to ring me back by 11.45 this morning

Here's waiting

Thanks again

John

0 Kudos