Menu
Fullspizz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great Communication on bill increase

Been with Virgin for over 12 years.

Last year I downgraded package, but only after I was told that if I stayed I would get a loyalty discount on the package to keep me.

Discount was given and I was "fairly" happy given that the broadband is dire at any peak time and a fault has been ongoing for almost 3 years with no resolution date.

Just received this months bill and I have been charged full price, no notification or anything.

Call going in tomorrow to cancel, shoddy customer service not even informing people.

I managed to get SKY Q for a VERY reasonable rate for middle of last year and it blows the Tivo completely out of the water with regards to usabality, etc.

pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Great Communication on bill increase

Fullspizz wrote:

...I managed to get SKY Q for a VERY reasonable rate for middle of last year and it blows the Tivo completely out of the water with regards to usabality, etc.

Got my Sky Q installed this morning ... outstanding piece of kit. I have Vivid 300 only now

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

downgrading usually generates a new 12 month contract. if you are within the year you downgraded there will be exit fees.
0 Kudos
Fullspizz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am well outside any contractual T&C's.

I was told that the price would stay as it was to keep me from leaving, then this month it has doubled!!

It was a given by retentions and there was no new contract (if there was, Virgin would have broken it by increasing the price by 100%)

0 Kudos
Fullspizz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, thats me cancelled.

Operator tried blaming my setup for reduced speeds, even after I told them about the ongoing over utilisation faults.

Told me they could reduce the bill slightly, but was no-where near the "new customer" offer I had seen.

Never mind, that is their loss. A new customer will attribute bigger setup costs than I would have, but onwards and upwards.

Full Sky Q silver package with Fibre max and evening and weekend calls for £4 a month more than what Virgin wanted to charge me for 50mb BB and line rental.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Q is so much better. People on here saying watchdog should investgate VM but then switch to a service that was on watchdog for so many problems http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2Stn1kt8Hymy3ZcjDvqvNPS/sky-q

0 Kudos