Menu
jennfi
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Good Deals only for New Customers?!

Hi there,

I've just been on the phone trying to sort out a new package. I have to say I am somewhat disappointed. I would've thought you would have wanted customers to remain loyal to your service, but sadly, this appears to not be the case?

We have been loyal customers for many, many years!! Only to be told that the offers on the website don't apply to us and we would, in fact, be paying £20 MORE for the bundle we wanted, because we are not shiny and new!!

On the Website, it simply says "Bundles" - You have to scroll through pages and pages of text to find the small print "New Customers Only" - Why is it not clearly displayed? Why not have a Current Members area and a New Customers area? Or am I thinking too logically?! - Please don't tell me that offers are displayed when I log in to my account, because I have been a customer for years (as mentioned) and I have yet to see an offer on my Account page.

Back to the point, we saw the £55 Deal Full House TV + Movies and thought 'BRILLIANT we'll get that, that suits our family perfectly'. We call up and are told "Sorry that isn't available to existing customers" .. 'erm... what?!'
We can have that package BUT we will be charged £75 as phone line isn't included (Even though it clearly states on the website that it is!! - but only for new customers - Yay for them, they are not the forgotten wooden toy that noone wants to play with)

So, if we leave wait 6 months (or whatever the cooling down period is) we can come back and get a good deal? Otherwise, we will be charged through the nose for it?!

I think it's appalling that loyal customers aren't rewarded with the deals you offer to new customers - or better ones for that matter! But, it's nice to know that if we kick up a fuss we will get a "loyalty discount of £10" this should be offered ANYWAY - Not as an incentive to not leave!!! - Also, even with this "discount", we would have still been paying £10 more than the Secret "New Customer" Club.

Can someone please contact me and explain why these offers aren't available for the same price (or less) to longstanding customers, why aren't your loyal customers as important as the shiny new ones? and WHY it isn't made PERFECTLY clear on your website that the Bundles are only for new customers?! 

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Good Deals only for New Customers?!

All existing customers would love to get new customer deals to recontract but that's not how this industry works across all suppliers. I don't condone that. You should be able, at least, get the after promotion, ongoing price. That's been my experience.

I don't agree that it's all in small print however. The first page I went to had the new customer only bit upfront and in large letters:http://www.virginmedia.com/shop.html

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Good Deals only for New Customers?!

Be aware that the "leave & rejoin" game is well known in the industry, & most providers now make a differentiation between genuine new customers & "returning customers". Whether you get new customer pricing is usually at the discretion of who you speak too.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos