Menu
Cherrypicker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Getting the cable over the roof

I signed a contract nearly 7 months ago and they have JUST put in the port outside my house. I was told as I wanted it at the rear of the house and did not want the cable going through my house I had to get the cable put over the roof myself, I had a roofer friend who was going to do it but he has since retired and as I am changing from sky to virgin to save money I am not willing to pay out for the cable to go over the roof, Damien from the CEO office told me that he would arrange it but the sales person has told me that he does not know what he is talking about so I will not sign the e contract they have sent me and we are at a stalemate anyone have any ideas 

man 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Getting the cable over the roof

My personal experience of an installation by VM is that they will not undertake any ladder work, even though their pre-installation site engineer promised it, or anything else above the dizzy height of 6 ft.   As a result I have unsightly cabling at low level all around my walls.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My personal experience of an installation by VM is that they will not undertake any ladder work, even though their pre-installation site engineer promised it, or anything else above the dizzy height of 6 ft.   As a result I have unsightly cabling at low level all around my walls.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Cherrypicker
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave  as it is through there delay & I refuse to have a unsightly cable through the house looks like I will

be staying with sky.

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fully feel for the OP, we are not a TV customer or even want to be (happy with just broadband).  But the layout of our home if ever we did ever want the TV service in the future would make it near impossible to trail the cable internally from the front of the house to the rear at all without masses of unsightly and highly notable cable going over at least 2 doors and totally ruin the floor setup due to laminate beading etc.  We also live in the middle of a 3 house semi detached, so it could only ever go over the roof in our case anyway.

0 Kudos