Menu
Hopeless_Savage
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Freeze/Suspend Account possible?

Hi,

Due to circumstances beyond my control there is going to be a period of time March onwards where I'm not sure where I'll be living. We are looking to buy a house but have to leave our rented accommodation March 4th so I'll be back with my parents until the new house is ready to move into. This could be a matter of weeks or months.

My current virgin media contract is only 4 months in though, is there any way to freeze or suspend the account until it can be set up at the new house? I've seen this asked a few times over the years but wanted to check if processes had changed. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Freeze/Suspend Account possible?

hiya @Hopeless_Savage as far as i know this has been stopped/not possible to freeze/suspend accounts, your best idea would be having a chat with customer relations choosing option 1 - 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us) they deal with complex issues, and would offer best advise
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @Hopeless_Savage as far as i know this has been stopped/not possible to freeze/suspend accounts, your best idea would be having a chat with customer relations choosing option 1 - 4 - 5 (thinking of leaving us) they deal with complex issues, and would offer best advise
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Arial1968
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

They will only reduce your package to the minimum, which for phone, broadband and TV is about £37 a month, which is ludicrous when a new user can get this for £29.  You are also tied into a new contract for 12 months when you reduce and then the clock is again reset if you increase the package again later.  

I'm out of our property for 3 months while building work is done and was told that my only other option was to cancel my contract and pay a fee of £200+ for the privilege, which is more than the 3 months full package I'm on would have cost me.

What really annoyed me though was that I was told by one of their online web chat minions that I COULD freeze my account, told me I would need to phone customer services and gave me completely incorrect phone options to select when I called.  This particular yellow clone was called John - so if you get him don't believe a word he says...  

0 Kudos