Menu
ed1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

'Free' upgrade

Check your bill if you are offered a 'free' upgrade.

I've just been contacted by Virgin Media to offer me a free upgrade to 150 broadband and free addition of Sky Sports to my TV package as a reward for my custom. 

Upon reflection and in consultation with the Virgin Media helpline I discovered that my bill actually increased by £5 due to the addition of the 'free' Sky Sports Channels!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Free' upgrade

Hi ed1234, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your billing since upgrading your account with our agents. 

Since posting have you rang back and spoken to the team to see what's changed? 

I'm wondering if a loyalty discount has dropped off due to the change in package. If you haven't, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to go through things. 

Come back and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ed1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Free' upgrade

Yes, I did speak to a representative a few minutes after I had initially been contacted,  and yes my billing issue was resolved.

My point is that through my experience I identified what appears to have been a case

of blatant mis-selling.

I did not request a change of package. I was contacted by phone and given the free broadband upgrade and ‘free’ Sports Channels, which I explained at the time I would not watch. I was told that my monthly charge would not change. Upon checking I discovered that a charge of £5 had been added to my monthly bill.

The point of me posting on this forum is to encourage other customers to check that they have not been charged for something that they understood was free.

I have sent my written complaint and had a response via a phone call. I am told that the issue is being investigated and that I will receive a written reply.

0 Kudos