Menu
Doudar
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Free upgrade posponed yet again.

Back in August VM were saying my free upgrade would be by the end November 2015. This was later changed to December, then January. I have just checked and my “Free Upgrade” is now showing as “between April 2016 and June 2016”. Wish VM were as eager to postpone their price increases. Am currently on the top packages for TV, Pone and BB but this is getting way to expensive so will be downgrading or switching to Sky / BT in the new year.

John D

JohnD
Strangely strange but oddly normal.
Rusty55
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free upgrade posponed yet again.

My thoughts exactly.
0 Kudos
dgnc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Like wise, November then April to March 2016 just before Xmas and now after Xmas April-Jun 2016. If it follows the jump up to 152mb and the promisses for that I will be lucky to see the upgrade before Apr 2017

0 Kudos
fau5tz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They are fast to increase bill , but nuffin gets done to provide better speed, no correct information given at all..  

all holidays im nearly without internet. barely can surf somewhere. deffo can forget about utube (buffering kills)

My Broadband Ping - VMTest
0 Kudos
m4rm1t3
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same for me, November originally and now April till June. By then the 152mb will probably be the entry level package.
Is it really a free upgrade if you don't actually get the upgrade? ?
0 Kudos
grove39
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same for me too. Can't say i was over the moon to see that i now have to wait another 4 - 6 months for something that was promised by end December. As has been said, the bill has gone up pretty quickly. Seems they have no problems taking the money.
m4rm1t3
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Finally received the "free" speed boost to 152mb..

Then i receive a letter saying its going up £2.99 a month from November, so i guess it was free for  2 months then i pay for it.

Sh!t tactics if you ask me

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there m4rm1t3,

Thanks for your post and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

The speed upgrade would not be related to November's price increase.

If you wish to discuss your package further, feel free to call the team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
m4rm1t3
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wow,, it took how long to implement the promised free speed boost to then be followed by a price rise.

12 months later i receive a letter informing me its going up by £2.74,   a 7.5% rise.

This is higher than the RPI and the  BofE interest rates combined.

I'm guessing we have to pay for the poor euro and dollar exchange rate so the Virgin shareholders can keep up their holidays abroad.

0 Kudos