Menu
Mattlouc23
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Free tv offer!

Hello!

We ordered virgin tv 12/12/16 and used the free tv offer code. We had virgin installed the 18/01/17. We have still yet to receive this tv, after speaking to your colleagues on the phone we were told an email would be sent to us confirming we were eligible.

This was not the only issue, on order we were told and I have proof that our order would come with two tivo boxes for multi room, however, didn't and now I've been talked into paying an extra £5 a month for this when this wasn't agreed at the start.

So far, I'm not overly satisfied by service. Another issue is my first bill, nowhere was I told it would be 2 months in advance I've only ever paid 1.5 months to be hit with a nearly £200 bill we are really gonna struggle with.

Please help, because we've had enough already. Never had problems before!
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free tv offer!

Hi Mattlouc23,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if things haven't gone smoothly for you since joining Smiley Sad 

With regards to the Free TV, I can see you've already been able to speak to the team regarding this and they have filled out an exception form for you. This went over to the Rewards team and they have checked your account and confirmed eligibility Smiley Happy

The next step was to send your details over to the company that provides the hardware. This was done 30th January for you so you should have received the TV by now. I've popped an email over to the Head of the Rewards Team about this. Once I hear back I shall be in touch with you. 

With regards to the multi-room, I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Finally your first bill will always be for the time you've had your services plus a month in advance. Depending on which billing cycle you fall on to, the bill can be 1 day + 1 month or be 2 whole months. Once the first bill is paid, you will return to the usual agreed amount. You can view more about this here: Understanding my first bill

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Anthonyw
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free tv offer!

Mattlouc23

Good luck with this!

I was also conned into signing a contract based on the offer of a free TV and an additional box.  My contract started on the 18th August 2016 and to this date i have still not received either!

I call them monthly to chase up.  I have just got off the phone from the rewards team and this months excuse is that samsung have no stock of 32 inch tv's! 

As my contract is running towards the end now im not going to pay anymore bills deducting the cost of the tv from my contract.  Not that my contract is relevant anyway as Virgin did not fulfil their duties by providing the tv or the extra box.  I suggest you do the same!

regards

Anthony

0 Kudos