Menu
Brian3214
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Free speaker

Hi, I am still waiting for my free speaker from when I signed up in may, the jongo T6X. I kept ringing up and was told each time that I had to first wait 28 days, then I had to wait to pay a bill in full, then they said that they filled a form out and I should have it in 14 days. This went round in circles each time I rang wasting my time and my phone bill.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free speaker

Hi Brian3214, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've not yet received your speaker. This can sometimes happen but we are more than happy to chase things up for you. 

I can see you've already been able to speak to the team regarding this and they have filled out an exception form for you. This went over to the Rewards team and they have advised the account isn't eligible as the date you took out the package, there was no offer of a speaker. 

Looking further in to this for you, it looks as though we applied a credit to the account when you first starting chasing us about this. Due to this we wouldn't go any further as the credit has been received. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Brian3214
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There was a free speaker offer when I signed up, that was the only reason why I did. The credit was applied due to them messing me about with the installation date. As far as I was concerned I was still getting my free speaker which I signed up for. It seems to me which it is just excuse after excuse with this company and they just waiting to after the 28 days cooling off period to tell me
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian3214, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

After you ordered your services you would have received an Order Confirmation email. This would have included a reference starting with WS followed by numbers. Have you still got this by any chance? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Brian3214
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have just checked my emails from virgin media and I didn't even receive an order confirmation email from them. There was an offer of a free speaker when I joined because that's the only reason why I joined. It has been nothing but bother receiving it though. What's the hold up? It's been 8 months
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this Brian3214,

After checking this, I can see that the credit was applied to match an online sales offer which was available at the time. The additional speaker sales offer would therefore no longer be eligible as the previous offer was processed instead.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Brian3214
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The credit was applied due to virgin messing me about with installing my package. The date that they was meant to install it they didn't show up and I had no contact until I rang them and asked where they was. I had to take a days holiday for this so therefore they said they would credit my account as I was going to cancel and go with Sky instead. They said I will still get the free speaker that I signed up for when they said they would offer me credit for my inconvenience as it would now take another month for them to install
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian3214

I appreciate you getting back in touch with us about this.

I can see after checking into this further for you that the money that was applied as a credit was not in relation to the speaker offer and thank you for coming back to us with that.

I have escalated the speaker offer to the Rewards teams now as it does show that the speaker offer had expired the day before you signed up to us back in the spring so I've flagged this to them to see what we can do to support you with this.

As soon as they get back to me I'll let you know what's happening.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brian3214

I've had some feedback already to confirm to you Smiley Happy

The speakers will be requested and processed for delivery within 72 hrs from Monday the 20th Feb.

They are usually delivered via a courier like UKMail so we are not able to advise of a time frame for this within those dates.

If you can keep us posted on when they are received then that would be great!

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Brian3214
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It was credited due to me taking a day off work and not contacting me about not installing it that day, it took an extra four weeks to install. The free speaker offer ran until the day I ordered. It was the T6X speaker offer also, I hope they don't send me the cheaper speaker offer! It's about time they have finally accepted it after giving me different excuses and wasting my mobile phone bill. I'll look forward to receiving it this week, it's about time on sticking with your word 😊👍
0 Kudos