Menu
Teee0512
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Free gift

Hi all. I signed up with Virgin back in October 2016 through a work offer and took out the package that came with a free Xbox One and Fifa 17. I phoned about a month after when it didn't arrive and was told it takes 28 days after installing plus a few weeks for delivery. At that point I thought it would turn up in time for Christmas and would be a nice gift for the kids, 6 months later and numerous phone calls to Virgin saying I will get a response within 72 hours I have had nothing back. No phone call back, no email and 3 disappointed kids! I made another call last Saturday and was a bit angry which prompted the lady on the other end to ask her manager. I was then told I would get a call Sunday latest Monday, again it's been a week and nothing. Can I take any action against this as surly Virgin have not held up there part of the offer given? Help please.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free gift

That raises a few red flags- sounds like its a 3rd party offer, and you are asking VM to resolve it. The correct point of contact should be the company promoting the offer- especially where its a promotion available to you through your work.

Not trying to deflect blame form VM, its juts that your contract is with the company providing the offer in the first instance and your employer should have some ability to chase it, if its an "employee benefit"

Teee0512
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My employer only shows the offers from the companies direct. VM are aware of it as the offered package is through them on there Web site when is signed up. It might be a third party they have used i dont know but thanks for the reply.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Teee0512,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

Checking back over offers and promotions, we've not offered an Xbox so this must have been an offer through the company you joined up with. 

As mentioned by Kippies above, we're not able to chase 3rd party offers which is why you've more than likely had the issues you've had trying to chase us for this. 

I would go back to the place where you signed up as they will be able to look in to this and get it resolved for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Teee0512
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

I have still got the email from the Virgin media partners with all the order details on including the xbox. Do you have an email address I can forward it on to to show you.

I work for Scania who offer a Scania reward scheme for there employees which shows us lots of different offers from lots of different companies. The reward scheme will only direct us straight to offers we chose through those company's websites. I have used it a few times and have only ever had direct contact with the company that offered the product.

When I have made calls to Virgin why have they said they can see the offer and advised me someone would be in contact. If it was a third party surly they would know nothing about it.

Regards Tristan Wilkie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tristan, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Third party offers we're unable to chase up normally however looking further in to this, the same company that provides our free gifts to customers, provides the X Box so we may actually be able to sort this for you with out you needing to go elsewhere. 

I've sent an email over to the Head of the Rewards Team to see if we can escalate this for you. Once I hear back from them, I will be in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tristan,

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you Smiley Happy

The team have come back to me today advising the following: There was stock issues last year and Rewards Gateway were unable to supply customers with their X-box consoles as advertised. As a consequence £300 cashback was deposited into their Reward Gateway accounts. All customers received an email from Reward Gateway advising them of this.

I have checked the file that Reward Gateway sent us and Tristian is on that list. 

If you can check your Reward Gateway, the credit should be there for you Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos