Menu
Acton68
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Free Bluetooth speaker promo

Hi

Our Virginmedia was connected on 29 January by a nice chap called Vince. One of the deciding reasons for choosing Virgin was the free promotional gift of a Bluetooth speaker. Previous posts in the community have stated that customers have to wait 42 for the gift. This time has now come and gone but I have not received and information regarding the promotional gift, when to expect it etc.

Does anyone else have this issue? How long do you have to wait?

Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Free Bluetooth speaker promo

Past the 42 day mark you need to get an exception form filled in, this will get your eligibility checked. When you pass that check, your details are past onto the company who sends the gift out on VM's behalf and you receive the item in up to 7 days.

So, either wait up to three days for a response from the Forum Team here, one of them will fill in the exception for you. Or ring 150 (from a VM phone) / 0345 454 1111 (from any other line) -> go into the main menu -> option 4 -> option 1. Ask them to fill an exception form in for you.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Acton68

Thanks for letting us know about the wireless speaker offer you have signed up to, and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

My apologies the speakers have not yet been sent to you.

I've filled in the exception form for you for the team to take a look into this and arrange to get these sent to you as soon as we can.

This can take up to 3 working days once they process the exception for us.

I'll keep in touch once I get a reply for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Past the 42 day mark you need to get an exception form filled in, this will get your eligibility checked. When you pass that check, your details are past onto the company who sends the gift out on VM's behalf and you receive the item in up to 7 days.

So, either wait up to three days for a response from the Forum Team here, one of them will fill in the exception for you. Or ring 150 (from a VM phone) / 0345 454 1111 (from any other line) -> go into the main menu -> option 4 -> option 1. Ask them to fill an exception form in for you.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Acton68

Thanks for letting us know about the wireless speaker offer you have signed up to, and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

My apologies the speakers have not yet been sent to you.

I've filled in the exception form for you for the team to take a look into this and arrange to get these sent to you as soon as we can.

This can take up to 3 working days once they process the exception for us.

I'll keep in touch once I get a reply for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Acton68

Thanks for allowing us the time to look into this for you Smiley Happy

I've had a reply back from the team confirming the speakers request was being sent to the suppliers on the 30th March for you, and to allow 3-5 working days for delivery to you from this point.

If you do not have them by the middle of next week, if you could get in touch and we can escalate this for you.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
alfiej2001
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

I'm also having trouble receiving this free Bluetooth speaker.

My service was connected on the 22nd of August.

I got an email saying my free gift was ready to send on the 12th of September - "It’ll be delivered by our partner, Exertis." 

I got another email on the 19th of September saying that my free gift was about to be delivered. Still I haven't received anything.

Could I get an exception form filled in?

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi alfiej2001,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you've not yet received your speaker. This can sometimes happen but we are more than happy to chase things up for you. 

I have filled out an exception form for you and this has now gone over to the Rewards team. They will check your account to confirm eligibility and they'll come back to me. 

Once I hear back from the team, I shall let you know the outcome. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alfiej2001
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi alfiej2001

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to look into this for you, that's been fab of you Smiley Happy

Now despite the fact most of us are sat here in Halloweeen costume today that's not stopped us being totally dedicated. We are 'cadavering' to support your every need still Smiley Happy

I can see the speakers are being processed by Exertis for you today and should be sent out within 72 hrs for you from tomorrow Smiley Happy

Please keep us posted on how this goes and if you don't have them by the end of the week, just let us know!

I can't promise we'll fly in on our broomsticks at that point but we'll certainly find alternative means to save the day!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
alfiej2001
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!

And thank you for the puns.

Chris.

0 Kudos
Abenfield
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I also have the same problem I asked for someone to help me with this but got no reply over a week a go,so do I just phone customer service and ask for an exception form?thanks
0 Kudos