Menu
Loup35
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Formal complaint to Virgin Media

This is a formal complaint to Virgin Media. I am a new customer. After receiving several virgin media marketing flyers to my property, And making several phone calls confirming your (Virgin Media) services you said you could provide phone, TV and broadband to my flat.

To date you have done nothing to prove you can provide these services. You continue to send marketing flyers promoting your services which are just false and incorrect.

Off the back of your promise to provide the services I cancelled my Sky TV and Talk Talk phone and Internet. I currently have NO TV, phone or broadband in my home and this had been the case for over a month. It's Christmas in a week and we have no communication services in our home.

I am utterly disgusted by your appalling customer service. Your lack of integrity and professionalism had astounded me. If this matter is not resolved within the next week I will be cancelling my contract and I will reinstate Sky and Talktalk.

This is a detailed account of the situation and a list of all calls made with Virgin Media:

After reviewing many virgin media sales and promotion flyers through the door I called Virgin Media to see if we were able to get their broadband and TV service in our area.

13/09/2016
Spoke to Joanne in sales team who confirmed we could have any service. I ordered a 'Full House Bundle' for £35 per month (for first 12 months then £57 after that) plus £19 for BT line rental. Joanne also gave us FREE Sky movies for the first 3 months.

Installation for TV, phone and broadband was booked for 13/10/2016 between 8am-1pm.

That day I cancelled our tv agreement with Sky and our phone and broadband with Talktalk.

06/10/2016
A Virgin Media engineer visited our street and drew bright green lines with paint from the terminal in the pavement leading up to our house. I saw them do this. No one called into our house.

08/10/2016
I received a text message from Virgin Media asking me to call them asap. Spoke to customer services who confirmed delay in installation. Customer service rep said someone would call me back with an update. NO ONE CALLED ME BACK!!

24/10/2016
Spoke to Cheryl from the installation team. I asked for an update. She confirmed a 6 meter extension was needed from the terminal in the road to our flat. She explained a permit needed to be requested from the council to dig up the road. This work would be done by a third party company. She confirmed that Virgin had approved for the work to be done and that the approval was given on 06/10/2016. She explained that the virgin media company policy was for the work to take 6 to 8 weeks to be completed (from the 06/10/2016). She confirmed we were in week 3 of this period.

I was transferred to Heitrce. She granted us £15 per month credit on our virgin media account for the first 3 months. Thank you Virgin Media but all I want is for the TV and phone line to be installed!!!

30/11/2016
Week 8!!! I spoke to someone in pre installation team (female). She said she would email construction team requesting an update. She said someone would call me back with 48 hours with an update. I made sure they had the correct phone number for me, which they did. NO ONE CALLED ME BACK!!

06/12/2016
Week 9!!! One week over the virgin media policy for completing new installations!! I was passed between departments trying to get an update. Was put on hold for over 20 minutes. Did not get through to anyone. A waste of my time.

07/12/2016
Spoke to male in pre installation team. I was on hold for 15 minutes. His microphone was broken. He put me on hold for another 8 minutes while it was fixed. He had a terrible attitude. He then just transferred me to construction team. They had NO update and suggested I called back on the 09/12/2016 if I did not hear from them. NO ONE CALLED ME BACK!!

09/12/2016
A salesman from Virgin Media called me on my mobile asking me if I would like to set up a new contract. I was shocked and confused. I explained our situation...he looked at our file and told me the matter was being dealt with and someone from Virgin would be in touch within a few hours. NO ONE CALLED ME BACK!!!!

14/12/2016
Spoke to cancellation team as I wanted to cancel the contract (even though it hadn't even started). The lady logged a complaint on my file and transferred me to the construction team. I spoke with OLU. I asked for a manager on her team to call me back. She said someone would call back with 24 hours. NO ONE CALLED BACK!!!!!

17/12/2016
Formal complaint logged as above in writing to Virgin Media.

Complaint left on Virgin Media forum.

Complaint listed on Virgin Media Twitter.

Complaint listed on Virgin Media Facebook.

Virgin Media - please sort this issue!! I look forward to hearing from you!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Formal complaint to Virgin Media

TLDR - but you cannot make or register a formal complaint through the Forum. This is the guidance you need on how to do it:

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic...

The Forum Team will get round to this post in about a week (longer as Xmas approaches). That may be able to help sort out what has happened but nothing personal can be transacted through the Forum.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loup35,

That's a pretty awful account and I feel your frustration and anger.  Hopefully one of the Forum Team will be along before too long and take up your case for you.

Easy to be wise after the event I know, but with a VM installation you are always better off waiting until it's happened before cancelling your old ISP.  They use completely different methods of service delivery ... VM via dedicated underground cables and the other ISPs via the BT/Openreach telephone network, so the two services can function quite independently.  In fact quite a few, dare I say well-heeled, people maintain two services side by side in case one goes down.

Just to correct you on one point ... it's not BT line rental you will be paying for.  VM have their own phone lines ... it's the smaller of the two conjoined cables that will hopefully be pulled to your property.

Hope you get something sorted out soon.   Regards.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Loup35
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dave_cq

Thanks for your message. Yes in hindsight I should. Ever have cancelled our existing service providers. My main concern is this is never going to be installed. No one can give me an idea of when it will be completed. Nightmare!! 😔
0 Kudos
Loup35
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. I've registered a formal complaint by phone and to the postal address at virgin media. But sadly nothing has been done. So I'm complaining through every possible device until this is resolved. Thanks for sending the information though ☺️
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

you could drop a mail to the CEO's office - not really what it sounds to be - more a dept to go look at such things - forum rules do not allow a link to be posted but a google search will give an email address and maybe a phone number

dont hold your breath for replies to snail mail or returned phone calls - even if promised - they [on the whole] do not happen - the forum team will try to help when they get here but even they can be frustrated by other depts 

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loup35

Thank you for providing the information you have via the forums in regards to the issues in getting you connected.

I appreciate this has been incredibly frustrating for you and would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused to you.

I am aware that this is being worked on and understand this has also passed the original 8 week date you were given.

The 8 week period is always an estimated date but covers the majority of issues and situations we have to resolve when it comes to construction issues. In your instance this has not been the case of course and again I am very sorry for the extended delays.

I would like to pick this up with the construction teams when they are back in the business again next week and am in myself at the same time so I will pop back to you once i have spoken to them to get the latest.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Hmig
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sharing.

Your situation looks a lot like mine. I have not tried to twitter and Facebook route or logged a formal complain. I will give them until 4th Jan for an update and then I will explore those avenues.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Happy new year.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loup35

Just an update to let you know I have spoken to construction and they are copying me into the communications to chase this for you. As soon as I get a reply from the teams for you I’ll be back in touch.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Loup35

Just a quick update to say I have chased this for you with the teams again this morning. I am in till 1 and then back in this evening so hopefully I'll have an update for you sometime soon.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos