Menu
Chesterwig
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Forcing me to start a new contract just because I'm moving. Very sneaky!

So I'm moving home to a new city from the end of April this year. 

I called virgin media who I only have fibre optic broadband through. Made it clear I  only wanted to let the current contract run until its end date in September this year. Surely just a simple switch to the new address, continuing service until end of September. Or perhaps not?

Ive now received and email saying I'm in a new 12 month contract which was not was was verbally discussed or agreed.

Operative on the phone was really difficult to communicate with as English was not her native language.

0 Kudos
Chesterwig
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forcing me to start a new contract just because I'm moving. Very sneaky!

Does anybody have any advice on how I can get this corrected really don't have time to be messing calling through to the call centre who muck this up in the first instance?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Forcing me to start a new contract just because I'm moving. Very sneaky!

New address=new contract. Its covered in the TOS.

However they now do 30 day rolling contracts,  you might be able to cancel the current package and take out a new 30 day rolling contract at the new address. You may well be stung for EDF's then, which you avoid if you take a new contract at the new address.

Either way, you'll need to talk to them direct as you need to clear security to make changes like that.