Menu
d_scott
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

First Bill - Missing £50 credit

Signed up to yourselves about a month ago over the phone and was told by the person I was talking to the a £50 credit would be added to my bill.

First bill comes through and low and behold it's not on it and im not happy

I just want to know if I was lied to because it was over the phone or it'll appear on the next bill

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: First Bill - Missing £50 credit

Hi d_scott, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us here in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear your credit is missing. So we can understand what's been offered, did the agent advised what the credit was for? 

Checking the account, I'm not seeing anything in the notes for an offer and I'm also not seeing the credit. Do you have any proof of the offer? If so let me know and I can look at this again right away. 

If not, give as much information as you can so we can look in to this. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

d_scott
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Its just that's what he said as we were doing the order that he'd add that £50 credit. He did mention it a couple of times first when I spoke to him in the town centre and on the phone when the cable went live.

And the reason: 'Since I seemed like such a nice guy' (No joke because I don't when it involves bills and money as it's too serious a subject). The agent himself was really friendly and had a decent wee conversation about other things while the order was being done. However I sadly don't have the ability to record calls on my mobile

You also had to have picked the worst possible time for the bill I expected it about 20-25 days since my service went live not about 16 with the payment around the beginning of December.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi d_scott, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Without any hard proof of the offer we're not able to raise this any further for you. The teams on the phone may be able to look at this though. Give them a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

With regards to your bill, the first bill can be generated anytime from the day after your services go live to 28 days later. With services being installed in November, your bill would of definitely have been due for payment by December. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

d_scott
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply

Although I'm not really happy about it, I can see why you come to that. The joys of phone calls.

It may not be the best idea but I might text the guy I was talking to, to see why it didn't go through (if i remember correctly, he marked it in his book when he took my details in the town)

I might then try the live chat, if i can, to see if that would help as i wont use my mobile to call and to see if something can be done about the bill date

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi d_scott, 

Via the Community we are a little pushed with regards to what we can do. We've set up escalation processes on where and who we can refer things to but they are really strict and we're not able to deviate from them in any way. 

The Web Chat team are pretty much the same as us so I doubt they'll be able to sort this. Your best bet, if you do have contact with the agent who advised you on the credit is to get something in writing. If you can do that, we can then honour the discount for you Smiley Happy

Keep me posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
d_scott
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just received a text from him saying he would add it

What happens now? Would i get an email to confirm? Are you able to see parts of the account to see if it goes through?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi d_scott, 

I can see your full account so I will leave things for today and am back in on Monday. I will check again then and see if the credit has been added and let you know. 

Depending on the systems they use it may take a day or two for it to hit the account. 

Once again I am sorry about all the hassle this has caused. Hopefully me helping you to put this right has restored your faith in Virgin Media Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
d_scott
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You've been really helpful so thanks very much.

Lets hope I don't have to do this too often Smiley Happy

Mr Scott

0 Kudos
busheypark
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I was promised a £50 credit by several people on the phone-none of them gave me their mobile number to text them-how did you get their mobile number?  

0 Kudos