Menu
Neesargon
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Finding help when you need it

Getting support from Virgin is SO difficult.   Okay, I'm old and disabled and probably a great nuisance to everybody but Virgin don't mind taking my money every month so, surely, I should be able to get help when I need it.

I can't phone because I am deaf.   I am hardly able to get out because my knees don't work anymore.  The internet is my lifeline

Moan over.  This is my problem:     I don't have Virgin TV and I don't use the phone (because I am deaf).  All I have is Broadband.   I am really having to watch my pennies and I see that my bill is due to go up next month so, obviously, I am looking to reduce my outgoings.  

At present I am paying £25 per month.   I see that I could get TalkTalk for £22.95 for the next 18 months but, rather than swapping ISPs, I am wondering if Virgin could help me out a little . 

Virgin used to have a Social Team which helped with queries such as this but, they are telling me that they can't help.   If they can't, who can?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Finding help when you need it

There is no email address for stuff like this, leaving only two options
1 get a friend to call on your behalf and with you present to answer the security stuff.
2 write in, this can take weeks to get a reply every time, so its slow and soul destroying, id try Option one
0 Kudos
Neesargon
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for offering your help.

If I had anyone who could phone for me, I would have already gone down that route.

Do you know if there is an email address for those wanting to end their contract?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No e-mail contact at all.

Accessibilty guidance here:

http://accessibility.virginmedia.com/welcome.html

You can try on-line chat but that can be a frustrating experience.

At £25 per month your BB is cheaper than any of VM's current offerings for their BB which starts at £32.25 for 50Mb.

VM are not and have never been a cheap provider and I have seen no examples recently of any offer of a social tariff

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
EdwardRD
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You know, I find it incredible that in this day and age, a customer is unable to email an "internet provider". It's 2016 and all anyone/everyone does these days is make contact through devices. Come on Virgin Media, stop hiding Smiley Happy make yourselves available to those of us who need your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neesargon

I appreciate you posting and can see that you've raised this with us on your other thread here too which is here: My bill.

As I've picked this up with you on that thread I'll close this one down. I have sent a pm to you on that thread and if you could get back in touch with me on this, that would be brilliant.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos